- Expired: March 20, 2021. Applications are no longer accepted.
Under the direction of the Chief Financial Officer (CFO), the Director, Finance is responsible for daily accounting functions and supervision of the finance department. The position assists and coordinates activities and reporting of all finance, general accounting, payroll, cost/budget accounting, bookkeeping, claims, reimbursements, and accounts payable/receivable consistent with federal, state, and local government working within the generally accepted accounting principles. The Director, Finance coordinates budget preparation; prepares or assists in required reports/financial statements for the organization and provides analysis as necessary; assists with audits; develops departmental goals and objectives; develops, revises, and implements relevant policies and procedures.
- Supervises the finance department staff members; schedules department hours, provides individual supervision on a monthly basis, performance evaluations, etc.
- The incumbent is responsible for covering staff positions, when needed.
- Records and posts daily transactions along with preparing and processing monthly journal entries; including but not limited to cash receipts, accounts payable, and payroll. Maintains appropriate work papers.
- Prepares, processes, and analyzes monthly/quarterly grant reporting for MDHHS (Michigan Department of Health and Human Services) in EGrAMS, SAMHSA (Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration), and other agencies as needed
- Assist in preparing invoices to outside agencies per contract, as needed
- Assist in maintaining the fixed asset schedule.
- Prepares monthly bank reconciliation.
- Performs various general ledger, account, and payroll reconciliation.
- Assist in coordination of budget preparation.
- Assist in development of departmental goals and objectives for LifeWays finance department.
- Assist in compiling financial data and assists in preparation of Financial Reports including but not limited to; MDHHS reports, including FSRs (Financial Status Reporting), CRCS (Contract Reconciliation and Cash Settlement), EQI (Encounter Quality Initiative), and SCA (Standard Cost Allocation).
- Assists in preparation of monthly financial reports for the LifeWays Board of Directors' Program & Finance Standing Committee.
- Assists with department's policies and procedures, ensuring they adhere to current rules, regulations, and best practices.
- Maintain regular and predictable attendance.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration or related field.
- MHFA (Mental Health First Aid), upon hire.
- Must have reliable transportation
- Master's degree from an accredited college or university in Finance (MSF), Accounting (MBA), Business Administration (MBA) or related field, preferred.
- Certified Public Accountant, CPA - preferred.
LifeWays Community Mental Health
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at LifeWays Community Mental Health