LifeScience Logistics Puyallup, WA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Operations Manager position is responsible for supervising and directing warehouse staff in the efficient management of a critical healthcare facility. The Operations Manager will prioritize and supervise multiple projects, meet internal and external KPI’s set by the Executive Team and maintain client and vendor relations. The Operations manager will be responsible for vendor scheduling and assuring all cGMP requirements are met with regards to facility management.
- Direct, mentor, train, and coach direct reports
- Serve as Designated Representative (DR) for site
- Prepare and maintain departmental budget
- Lead and/or assist with planning, design, implementation, communication, and delivery of company's initiatives
- Track and account for warehouse accuracy and productivity
- Create and implement measures to improve productivity
- Create and implement measures to improve and or maintain employee morale
- Frequently interact with CEO, Directors, Clients, and Managers to meet company initiatives
- Implement special projects as assigned by Senior Management
- Oversee all after-hour events and potentially manage 24/7 emergency operations
- Serve as the Hazard Communication Program Administrator
- Ensure all safety procedures, cGMP, SOPs, and work instructions are followed to comply with regulatory standards
- Work with Facility Management department to ensure facility structure is maintained as a safe working environment
- Negotiate and manage contracts for vendor services
- Promote a work environment with emphasis on Safety, Regulatory compliance and Client Focus
QUALIFICATIONS AND JOB SPECIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s degree plus 5 years distribution and warehouse management experience in receiving, storing, issuing, and accounting for property in a warehouse or any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
- Required – A minimum of 3 years supervisory experience
- Required – Demonstrated healthcare experience in a regulated environment and demonstrated working knowledge of cGMPs, DEA, FDA.
- Familiar with temperature-controlled warehousing
- Demonstrate the following:
- Effective time management skills
- Impeccable verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to conduct appropriate research as needed
- Strong presentation skills
- Attention to detail and organization
- Interest in working in a fast-paced environment
- Expertly navigate through ERP system (Tecsys Elite WMS) and Quality Management System(MQ1)
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills: Outlook, Excel (including Statistics and Pivot Tables), PowerPoint
- Experience with warehouse or supply chain environments and transportation
- Ability to conduct/track graphical and data-driven analytics related to Client performance
- Ability to maintain and track budget/spending trends
- Advanced public speaking and presentation skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
ADDITIONAL EMPLOYMENT REQUIREMENTS:
- Must be able to satisfactorily pass all preliminary employment requirements (i.e., background check, credit check and drug screen)
- Some travel required
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Work is light to medium in nature with frequent walking to perform assigned tasks.
- Must be able to read at a distance, close to the eyes, and at arm’s length, with or without correction.
- Approximately 10% of time is spent on data collection and data entry.
- Occasional lifting of 25 - 50 lbs. is required.
- Activities may occur inside temperature-controlled areas which may require Personal Protective Equipment.
- Hazardous conditions may exist, such as proximity to moving mechanical parts, electrical current and working in high places.
- Equipment: Desktop or laptop, fax machine, copier, desk phone, forklift, and pallet jack
- Systems: Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, TECSYS (WMS - warehouse management system) and MQ1 (Quality Software)
LifeScience Logistics is an equal opportunity employer that takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other federal, state, or local protected class.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
LifeScience Logistics offers a variety of careers in the healthcare supply chain. We are continuously seeking qualified candidates who believe in the power of “yes.” We offer challenging career growth possibilities in an environment that embraces innovation, vision, and unwavering dedication.
Do you always find a way? LifeScience Logistics offers a variety of careers in the healthcare supply chain. We are continuously seeking qualified candidates who believe in the power of “yes.” We offer challenging career growth possibilities in an environment that embraces innovation, vision, and unwavering dedication.