Software Development Manager - 100% Remote
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Software Development Manager - 100% Remote
We are an industry leading personal development and coaching company whose mission is to inspire, empower and ignite people to create and live a life they love.
Your opportunity is to join our dynamic, heart-centered, and mission-driven team as a Software Development Manager!
In this role, you will work with the Director of Technology to own the responsibility of all development that will support the company’s goal to grow into a $100 million company by: leading the development team; reviewing, documenting and improving systems infrastructure and architecture; supporting the management of our backend systems and servers; coding, scripting and process re-engineering, as needed.
The Software Development Manager has 5 strategic focuses:
- Strategic Focus #1: Further the company’s mission by supporting the company in achieving and completing initiatives.
- Strategic Focus #2: Create a vision for the Development team with clear direction, intention and expectations.
- Strategic Focus #3: Effectively lead and manage front- and back-end software developers, DevOps Engineers and Data Engineers by prioritizing and managing team tasks, and assuring team members have all necessary resources to support them.
- Strategic Focus #4: Ensuring open communication between the development team and stakeholders.
- Strategic Focus #5: Ensure that development tasks are delivered on-time.
This is a dream-come-true opportunity for you to join a world-class, innovative, fast-growing and fun team focused on empowering people all around the world. Do you have this experience?
- 5+ years' experience as a Software Developer.
- 3+ years' experience as a Manager in the Software Development space.
- Delivering Tasks on-time.
- Executing code release procedures and following industry best practices.
- Evaluating and selecting the most efficient and cost-effective technologies for software development and system infrastructure.
- Assuring the security and integrity of the information technology systems.
- Being proactive in providing technology solutions to improve the operations for all departments.
- Actively resolving any Technology issues while adhering to company policies and standards.
- Access to high-speed internet, dedicated and distraction-free workspace, and able to meet all requirements of this role while working remotely.
- Willing to travel* to events a few times per year to learn about, and engage with our programs, philosophies, and our clients. Plus, willing to travel for additional professional training, seminars, etc. a few times per year.
* As travel conditions safely allow. If travel conditions do not allow, events held on location will likely be substituted for virtual events that accomplish the same goals.
- The Software Development Manager manages the daily activities of the development team.
- Conduct code review and assure quality.
- Support on-time delivery for all development tasks.
- Evaluate and select the most efficient and cost-effective technologies for the development of Technology projects.
- Establish and document development best practices and standards, and assure they are followed.
- Assure the security and integrity of the information technology systems by keeping the systems up to date.
- Being proactive in providing technology solutions to improve the operations for every Department.
- Actively resolve any technology issues while adhering to company policies and standards of behavior.
Position Tactical Focus:
- The Software Development Manager will establish technical development policies, systematize and document procedures, organize, plan, set technical development goals and standards.
- Training, mentoring and supervising a team of developers.
- Proactively provide architectural recommendations.
- Serve as an expert development coder and provide expertise and knowledge to the team.
- Collaborate with the Operations department to create a set of robust and comprehensive testing processes, guidelines and templates.
- Conduct thorough functional and technical testing to verify that requirements have been met.
- Document and establish standards and procedures for all testing.
- Set up, document and monitor code Release & Deployment Management practices.
- Build redundant backup systems with error reporting, automatic retries where appropriate, and able to handle heavy workloads in a scalable manner.
- Provide performance metrics of systems and team members to the Director of Technology.
- Be the first point of contact to resolve issues and support requests.
- Manage, assign, and assure resolution of defects, issues, and support requests.
- Maintain a knowledge-base and cross-train team members.
Required Technical Skill Set:
- Setup, configuration and system management of CentOS and Ubuntu servers and services.
- Load Balancing (DigitalOcean/AWS)
- Monitoring, fault finding and maintenance of servers under heavy load
- Configuration of Apache and Nginx
- MySQL 5.6, MySQL 8.0 including replication
- PHP 5.6, PHP 7
- Laravel, Slim Framework
- Smarty templates
- Automated deployment
- InfusionSoft API
- Zoom API
- Plugin development
- Load balancing of multiple WordPress servers
- Ability to identify where a process "breaks", and fix the issue
- Development Management
- Create specifications of systems that have been and need to be developed
- Strategic thinking of how solutions will best serve the company’s goals and long-term initiatives
- Understanding of queueing systems
- Cloud Architecture
- Architect contemporary systems in the cloud.
- Ability to move from tertiary cloud providers to AWS.
- Opportunity to work in a fast-growing, heart-centered business with a mission for helping people create a life they love living.
- Opportunity to learn and grow through access to personal and professional training programs.
- Work remotely permanently (anywhere with suitable internet connection).
- Opportunity to attend live events and training.
- Health Benefits
- 401K Plan
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off
- Light Travel
This position is a full-time, remote, salaried position. Compensation based on experience and qualifications. Pay range varies by location, 115-125k annually + 15% bonus potential
To apply, send an email to Opportunity@BraveThinkingInstitute.com introducing yourself. In that email, please attach your resume and also answer these questions:
- Please submit a cover letter stating why you would be a perfect fit for this position.
- Why are you looking for a new position now?
Once we receive the above information from you, we will send you next steps in the interview process. Thank you for your interest in joining our team!
LifeSOULutions That WorkWhy Work Here?
Virtual work, high performing team, benefits, fun events.
Brave Thinking Institute is a global personal and professional development coaching and training company. Additionally, Brave Thinking Institute is the premier training center for transformational coaching certification. We are dedicated to being a positive difference for good in the lives of individuals and businesses globally. We empower individuals and organizations to create the measurable success they desire while discovering and living their dreams. We accomplish this by teaching the invisible side of success to hundreds of thousands of people and businesses worldwide.
TechnologyView all jobs at LifeSOULutions That Work