The incumbent's primary focus is to assist the provider to provide service to patients of all ages. The incumbent will carry-out her/his duties by adhering to the highest standards of ethical and moral conduct, acts in the best interest of GCH, and fully supports the code of conduct, mission, vision, and values of Georgetown Community Hospital. The incumbent will have knowledge of health care systems, and have demonstrated ability to interact, relate to, work with, and support the activities of a diverse workforce.
1. Answers incoming telephone calls in a professional manner, utilizing the appropriate solution. Obtains required information based on Provider preference when scheduling appointments/procedures.
2. Accurately obtains demographic information from patients and accurately updates information in eCW.
3. Provides excellent customer service to patients and staff members.
4. Ensures all information obtained in the registration interview, is communicated with the clinic staff and/or providers.
5. Verifies Insurance and notifies patient of their expected out of pocket expense including deductible/copays (if applicable)
6. Answering of the clinic calls to appropriate party(s)
7. Utilizes and assists with electronic messages/Patient Portal and e-messenger to maximize patient satisfaction and clinic efficiency.
8. Maintains confidentiality and protects privacy of healthcare information, security of password, and access codes. Adheres to HIPAA and all other applicable federal and state mandates.
9. Maintains a clean and well organized work station, follows all safety regulations, code of conduct and ethics, Revenue Cycle Guidelines, customer service, and attends hospital and departmental staff meetings.
10. Assists with referrals and prior authorizations
11. New Patient Intake per protocol
12. Must be willing to float to all areas/offices as needed.
13. Other duties as assigned**
High School Education
Healthcare Experience and/or Insurance Knowledge
Customer Service Skills
Job: **Please select a valid job field*
Organization: **Georgetown KY MSO*
Title: Physician Office Clerk-Bluegrass Pediatrics and Internal Medicine
Requisition ID: 7427-2354