Provide administrative support, performs clerical and customer service functions, as well as non-technical duties in the hospital.
Prepares statistical reports (degree of report varies by PSR level) and performs clerical functions such as preparing and sending outgoing mail, distributing incoming mail, maintaining filing systems, entering data and maintaining databases, typing documents and correspondence, photocopying, scanning, and faxing.
Greets visitors and communicates with patients and providers. Checks patient's in and out, obtaining necessary/ required documentation. Schedules basic patient appointments.
Verifies and enters demographic information into EMR/ Practice Management System. Completes medical record release requests.
Places, answers, and directs phone calls and distributes messages.
Controls basic accounting functions such as checking invoices, making deposits, and managing petty cash.
Collects patient co-pay, co-insurance, and prior balances. Maintains daily batches and performs end-of-day functions and balancing.
Handles information requests, including reviewing files and records, answering inquiries, and responding to incoming work requests.
Prepares patient records for all patient appointments to include outreach locations.
Assists nursing staff with prior-authorizations and pre-certifications for patient procedures or testing.
Navigates patient referral requests to include use of triage protocols.
* High school diploma or equivalent required
* Associate's degree preferred
- Years of relevant experience may be substituted for required education.
* Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision. Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
Minimum Work Experience
* 6 months medical record experience required
* 3 years physician practice experience preferred
Organization: **UP Health System - Marquette Physician Practices*
Title: Patient Service Rep III, Urology 1.0DV (7467-4582)
Requisition ID: 7467-4582