Shift/Schedule:3 - 12 hours shifts weekly
Compensation:$40.00 per hour (no shift diff)
(To qualify for the bonus - the SPRN RN must:
* meet each week the three (3) 12-hour shifts / 20 weeks of productive time (excludes the first two weeks of education/orientation). Involuntary call-offs will not be counted against the employee, voluntary call-offs will make the employee ineligible for the bonus.
* Work week, weekend and holidays as scheduled.
1. The commitment for Seasonal PRN RN (SPRN RN) is to complete three (3) 12-hour shifts per week during the 20 week or other designated period approved by Administration (excluding the first two weeks of education/orientation time).
2. Any employee hired into the Seasonal RN PRN program will be terminated at the end of the 20 week assignment or no later than March 31, 2020. Employee(s) may apply for any existing FTE and/or regular PRN RN positions available at that time.
3. SPRN RN must work the commitment period as indicated and accept the work schedule as determined at the unit Director's discretion, which may include a varied shift. Involuntary call-offs will not be counted against the employee commitment period. Overtime payment rules will apply. Any overtime shifts over the scheduled hours must be approved in advance by the Chief Nursing Officer.
4. SPRN RN may float to another unit in which he/she is competent to work should patient census dictate a need to reduce staffing levels in assigned unit.
5. SPRN RN must have a Registered Nurse Licensure in the state of Mississippi or compact license. No flagged or under investigation licenses will be accepted. Minimum of two (2) years recent experience in primary specialty is required.
6. Excessive absences and/or tardies are grounds for immediate termination from SPRN program.
The SPRN RN program is terminable at will by BMC or by the employee at any time with or without cause. Neither this document nor previous or subsequent conversations are intended to be construed as an employment contract expressed or implied.
- Minimum Education
Bachelor's degree - Preferred
[Mississippi,United States]Registered Nurses
Must have a current Mississippi Registered Nurse license or a current Compact State Registered Nurse license
Beginning October 1, 2019, new hires and current employees, with an expired Crisis Prevention Training (CPI), will be required to obtain Handle with Care certification. If employee does not have a current Handle with Care at time of hire or transfer, then employee will have six months from day of hire, or transfer, to obtain, or update, Handle with Care certification.
Must have an updated American Heart Association approved Basic Life Support (BLS), Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS), Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS), Advanced Stroke Life Support (ASLS), National Institutes of Health Stroke Scale (NIHSS), and Trauma Nurse Core Course (TNCC).
Job: **Please select a valid job field*
Organization: **Bolivar Medical Center*
Title: Day Seasonal PRN RN- Emergency Room (2545)
Requisition ID: 7422-2545