The LifeNet Health mission is simple: Saving Lives. Restoring Health. Giving Hope. Its mission, along with its core values of safety, quality, innovation and service continue to create an unmatched record in transplant solutions, which cannot be achieved without talented, dedicated team members who share the same values and attributes that guide the LifeNet Health team every day.
If you have a commitment to customer care, quality and innovation as well as integrity and passion, then you've come to the right place.
We are currently seeking a Full Time General Manager, Life Sciences to join the LifeNet Health team in our Virginia Beach, VA location. Hours for this position are 9am - 5pm, Monday - Friday, up to 50% travel.
As a General Manager, Life Sciences, you would be responsible for leading a customer focused Business Unit and Franchise, consisting of medical and operational staff with significant subject matter expertise. Marketing medical and scientific capabilities to clients, working as and in conjunction with business development teams and operations to develop new customers and building existing established relationships. Responsible for improving existing products, developing and implementing innovative professional marketing programs to ensure successful product launches and continued market share growth of the Company's existing products. Accepting profit and loss responsibility of the Franchise.
You would be expected to perform all tasks assigned to you, including but not limited to:
- Perform day-to-day management of the Franchise. Collaborate and provide ongoing product and service support to representatives of LifeNet and its partners. Work closely with R&D teams to support new product development and launch efforts. Validate new product design, functionality and clinical applications with customers as well as developing marketing and sales plans. Develop and implement pricing and product offering strategies based on customer needs and processing feasibility. Ensure departmental compliance with all relevant regulatory standards.
- Develop and maintain relationships with "key opinion leaders" in the surgical community relative to the product family to aid in new product development and positioning of current product lines. Build relationships with and work effectively with both direct and distributor sales teams.
- Develop and implement strategic and annual marketing plans to include short term, mid-term, and long term goals and objectives for the respective product family. This includes situational analysis of products, revenue forecasts, competitive analysis, and identification of key opportunities and threats. Evaluate the product-marketing plan to ensure compatibility with LifeNet mission. Develop and execute product launch strategies.
- Utilize key business models such as a SWOT, segmentation, product life cycle, and GAP analysis to aid in the development, implementation, and positioning of product lines. Accumulate, analyze, and evaluate key data about the marketplace, including areas such as market size, growth movement, and competition, to help anticipate competitive movements and make recommendations for product positioning in the market place.
- Utilize key communication and promotional tools to establish awareness and feedback from the target audience and potential users. This may involve the utilization of external resources for the development of clinical education programs, sales collateral marketing materials, and other associated brand awareness activities. Conduct focus groups to advance the development of product concepts and definitions.