As the Accounting Specialist under the direction of the Plant Controller, you will be responsible for a variety of Accounting functions related to the operations of the East Wilton and Erlanger manufacturing facilities.
Responsible for accurately updating product cost information relating to our manufacturing facilities in East Wilton and Erlanger.
- Responsible for working closely with all areas of manufacturing regarding issues that may arise, requiring corrections.
- Responsible for the processing, coordinating and reporting accurate physical inventory counts of raw materials for our two manufacturing facilities.
- Responsible for working collaboratively with various vendors which may include implementing price changes, resolving pricing issues and discrepancies.
- Responsible for closing out and completing manufacturing jobs and manufacturing/accounting periods on the last calendar day of each month which include, but not limited to:
- Updating and maintaining various worksheets
- Reconciling accounts and handling reimbursements
- Completing monthly and year-end closing records and reports
- Managing petty cash
- Supporting other financial positions within the facility
5. Additional duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
Associates Degree in Business or a related field of study required and previous Accounting experience.
- Experience with ERP System and Accounting software is a plus
- Strong proficiency with computer skills and Microsoft Office Suites (i.e., Word and Excel)
- Strong mathematical and analytical skills
- Proven track record of excellent communication skills verbally and in writing
- Strong attention to detail and well organized
- Ability to build strong credibility and rapport with all stakeholders, while working with all levels of the organization
- Must be flexible to changing workloads and responsibilities
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
The conditions herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
Environment: Normal manufacturing environments; work with machinery and media in or around confined spaces; exposure to chemicals, grease and oils.
Physical: Sufficient physical ability to perform heavy lifting and carrying; reaching, kneeling, crawling, climbing; standing for moderate periods of time.
Vision: See in the normal visual range with or without correction; vision sufficient to read computer screens and printed documents.
Hearing: Hear in the normal audio range with or without correction.
Other: Ability to work overtime or occasionally on weekends with short notice.
The above statements describe the general nature and level of responsibilities for this position, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of this position. Company management may assign other relevant, business-related duties.