Specimen Management Associate
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Specimen Management Associate
Process of patient samples for laboratory testing and/or for referral to other testing laboratories.
- Accession specimens into the LIS in accordance with the information provided by the client
- Verify test codes, insurances, and ICD-10 codes; reconcile as required and appropriate.
- Aliquot specimens as required
- Provide support to line management in any tasks applicable to the daily running of the department.
- Ensure that all shipments incoming and outgoing meet shipping regulatory requirements.
- Assist as required for the laboratory supervisor including the supervision of laboratory staff in all aspects of the laboratory.
- Provide technical service to key accounts, including provision of accurate and timely results, confirmation and clarification of analytical results and provision of technical advice.
- Be familiar with laboratory LIMS software Understand and be able to implement processes relating to sample/test data entry.
- Adhere to documented procedures for all aspects of laboratory work, ensuring that all relevant information concerning samples is recorded, that samples are handled correctly, that worksheets are kept in an orderly manner and that all necessary records and quality data are maintained. Ensure that environmental monitoring results have been completed and are up to date.
- Be familiar with the contents of the Laboratory Quality Manual and always comply with the policies, procedures, and associated documents.
- Resolve deficiencies in the delivery of analysis through the laboratory & make relevant technical improvements.
- Supervise staff in your team to ensure efficient operation of a production shift.
- Train, monitor and develop analytical skills.
- Effective and timely attendance management of staff in line with company policy.
- Performance management of team to ensure production targets are met.
- Work with the laboratory supervisor to ensure that the lab is staffed according to operational requirements.
- Monitor staff performance particularly in the probationary period.
- Take part in investigation and discipline / grievance meetings as / where necessary.
- Run team briefing meetings on a regular basis to keep team updated and briefed on key matters.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Good working knowledge of relevant procedures
- Ability to liaise with internal departments
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with coworkers, managers, and clients
MINIMUM REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or educational equivalent and 3-year relevant experience; or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
- Extensive use of keyboard requiring repetitive motion of fingers
- Regular sitting for extended periods of time
- Handling biologic material
ScienceView all jobs at LifeBrite Laboratories