We are seeking a Housekeeping Supervisor to join our team! You will perform a variety of light cleaning and organizing duties.
LifeBridge Health and Fitness located in Pikesville, Maryland is looking for an extraordinary Housekeeping Manager! We offer a culture that focuses on teamwork and high levels of customer service with an environment that empowers our team members to exceed guests' expectations.
Our ideal candidate will be engaged, hands-on, and prepared to operate a "best in class" resort!
Summary: Under the direct supervision of the Sales and Marketing Manager, the Housekeeping Manager directs and coordinates the activities of the Housekeeping Department at by performing the following duties personally or through subordinates.
Education/Experience: Associate’s degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or two to four (2-4) years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Supervisory Duties: Directly supervises 10-15 employees in the Housekeeping Department and one subordinate supervisor. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Establishes standards and procedures for work of housekeeping and laundry associates.
- Plans work schedules to ensure adequate service.
- Inspects and evaluates physical condition of the locker rooms and group exercise.
- Submits to management recommendations for painting, repairs, and furnishings.
- Oversees the annual Housekeeping and Laundry operations budget to achieve or exceed budget expectations for the department.
- Periodically inventories supplies and equipment.
- Keep accurate record of expenditures.
- Ensure Purchase Orders are expedited according to proper procedures while adhering to the budget.
- Investigates new and improved cleaning instruments and methods.
- Assists in the supervision of all associates in the housekeeping and laundry organization to include: hiring, firing, corrective action/discipline, and performance evaluations for direct reports.
- Provide excellent training and a positive work environment for all housekeeping and laundry associates in accordance with accepted brand standards.
- Provide first class Guest service in accordance with established guidelines and brand standards.
- Support and live by the team member handbook.
- Protect LBHF assets.
- Provide a safe and sanitary environment for Employees and Guests.
- Maintains proper staffing in all applicable areas.
- Maintains all equipment and supply inventory.
- Helps identify and train appropriate shift personnel to solve minor problems.
- Ensures that each guest receives prompt and courteous reception and service.
- Clean fitness floor, group exercise room, locker rooms, lobby, equipment and all bathrooms
- Ensure a clean and orderly environment
- Sterilize various tools and equipment
- Move reasonably small equipment as necessary
- Maintain working condition of cleaning equipment
- Previous experience in cleaning, maintenance, or other related fields
- Familiarity with cleaning materials and equipment
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong work ethic