Sr. Preconstruction Manager
**NO PHONE CALLS, RESPOND BY EMAIL ONLY**
Life Time Construction is the construction arm of Life Time that builds health clubs, work spaces and now multi-use condominiums, hotels and apartments. We take pride in high profile, unique and complex construction projects. Our team has extraordinary expertise in planning, development, construction and facility management. Our employee tenure reflects the commitment and pride we share in our work, the caliber of our people sets us apart.
We are an innovative and nationwide general contractor is seeking a Senior Preconstruction Manager with at least 10-15 years of commercial construction experience. The Senior Preconstruction Manager will work primarily on negotiated commercial projects within core market of mixed use development. Position will work closely with developers, architects, engineers, senior management, and subcontractors and are required to have the following skills:
- Develop strong partnership between construction project management, design, real estate team, and development teams as well as external partners and vendors.
- Demonstrates leadership skills to provide construction guidance to development and design teams throughout design development
- Facilitate inter-divisional group engagement; estimating, scheduling, quality management, and project management throughout the preconstruction phase.
- Must be a collaborative and passionate advocate for our customers, empowering and informing them throughout the project.
- Ability to engage and develop business with new and existing customers.
- Is a key participant with leadership experience involved in (if needed) request for proposal responses (RFP’s) and the formal presentation for a project.
- Can lead, manage and motivate project teams during the preconstruction phase of a project.
- Financial Management
- Handling the project from feasibility and conceptual estimates through business plan budget approval.
- Must have experience preparing detailed conceptual cost estimates and conceptual cost studies from schematic or feasibility-level documentation.
- Ability to prepare detailed estimates and, as the design evolves, develop variance summaries between estimates and value engineering studies throughout.
- Ability to lead and facilitate value engineering sessions with the project team and design team.
- Ability to assemble a complete presentation-worthy estimate package that clearly communicates project cost.
- Ability to perform quantity takeoffs and summation of materials designated on project plans and documents
- Must be prepared to participate and often lead the preparation and presentation of cost / budget information to the customer/owner.
- Ability to look beyond the information that has been given, to ask the right questions and work to provide a complete project cost evaluation.
- Ability to make reliable predictions as it relates to cost and be comfortable estimating across all scopes of work.
- Must have knowledge and understanding of unit costs and the factors that affect construction cost.
- Quality Management
- Must be aggressive in providing innovative solutions to complex issues as they arise related to cost, lead-times, trade partners, and/or specified products or materials.
- Drive constructability, cost efficiency, effective site utilization planning throughout design development and preconstruction phases
- Ability to prepare detailed instructions to bidders, trade specific clarifications and comprehensive bid packages.
- Ability to manage buyout process through scope development, bid solicitation, subcontract negotiation and demonstration of a proactive and organized bid analysis.
- Make subcontractor award recommendations to customer/owner and the negotiation and finalization of subcontracts with trade partners.
- Schedule Management
- Must have knowledge and understanding of construction durations and the factors that affect schedule.
- Communicate project specific milestones, activities and durations to Scheduler for inclusion into the project schedules. Must be able to collaborate with project team to establish the necessary staffing and project requirements. Other Duties as assigned
We are looking for a flexible, detail-oriented team player with the ability to manage multiple tasks, produce quality work, and consistently meet deadlines. The successful candidate will possess:
- Vertical project, Multi-family project and Concrete project experience required.
- Excellent listening skills and strong communication skills.
- Creative and innovative approaches and solutions on a project-by-project basis.
- Ability to identify, adapt to, and resolve complex issues.
- Effective participation in team environment, with both external and internal teammates.
- Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite, estimating software, BIM tools (Revit, etc.), project management software (Pro-Core, Pro-Log or similar), and scheduling software (P6).
- 10-15 years of experience as a commercial construction estimator preferably within company’s core markets.
- Bachelor’s degree a plus but not required.
- A strong work ethic and a “can-do” attitude.
- This job is salaried.
- Medical, dental and vision
- Paid time off
- Cell phone allowance
- One location: Dallas, Houston, Minneapolis.