Research Associate (Scientist I)
Life Science and Biological Manufacturer Santa Clara, CA
- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: medical, vision, 401k, dental, life insurance
BioIVT is a leader in transporter biology research, working with clients and partners to provide an array of best-in-class transporter research services and solutions. We are currently looking for a talented and energetic research associate to fill an opening in our transporter assay service group. The research associate role will be responsible for working with clients to support cell-based in vitro transporter studies that will comply with regulatory (FDA, EMA) guidelines, and address questions as to how drug molecules are absorbed, transported into various organs, and eliminated from the body. This role will be responsible for client communications and internal project tracking.
The successful candidate will be a highly productive independent thinker who works well with the internal team. Excellent communication skills, both oral and written, are a must. Meticulous attention to detail, both in client communications and in data interpretation.
Ideally, the candidate will have some research experience in the transporter or DMPK field and be familiar with cell-based assays. As a rapidly growing company in a relatively new field, the ability to grow scientifically and adapt to novel responsibilities is desirable.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employees may perform other related duties as required to meet our ongoing needs.
- Work with clients on experiments that will comply with regulatory guidelines.
- Basic lab techniques
- Serve as a subject matter expert on transporter biology
- Keeps up to date with emerging literature and science in disease-relevant pharmacology, ADME, DMPK
- Demonstrates high proficiency across a wide range of in vitro ADME technologies and capable of initiating new areas of investigation
- Understand and adhere to corporate standards regarding code of conduct, safety, appropriate handling of materials
- Cell culture experience and equivalent laboratory knowledge
- Working knowledge of drug transporter sciences, and capable of performing and interpreting in vitro drug transporter studies in cell lines or hepatocytes
- Knowledgeable and capable of conducting in vitro assays and data analysis.
- Effectively manage numerous tasks/projects simultaneously to meet internal/external deadlines
- Adhere to corporate procedures and standards regarding code of conduct, safety, appropriate handling of materials.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to effectively present information to both clients and internal staff members
- Collaborative in a fast-paced team environment
- Able to cope with the pressure and meet the needs of a dynamic and rapidly growing company
- Bachelor's in Biochemistry, Pharmacology, or related field or and at least 4 years industry experience, or Master’s degree and 2 years industry experience,
- Related experience in the contract research or pharmaceutical industry
- Superb oral and written communication skills
- Meticulous attention to detail, able to troubleshoot
- Strong organizational skills, ability to manage numerous projects simultaneously
- Role will require extended periods of computer work for data analysis and reporting
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and meet time and quality-based objectives
- Able to work with radioactive materials
- Able to manage multiple projects simultaneously
The Company is an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled Employer.
Life Science and Biological ManufacturerWhy Work Here?
Great benefits, annual bonus, inclusive and diverse culture
A worldwide provider of biological and in vitro products to pharmaceutical and biotechnology organizations. We specialize in control and disease state matrices manufactured from human and animal blood, plasma and serum, which are used in drug discovery, compound development, clinical and research diagnostics. Our products enable scientists and biomedical researchers to better understand the pharmacokinetics and drug metabolism of newly discovered compounds and the effects on disease processes
AddressSanta Clara, CA
ScienceView all jobs at Life Science and Biological Manufacturer