Life Bridge International is a quality raw material ingredient distribution company competitively servicing the dietary supplement, food and beverage industries. We specialize, through a network of important relationships, in commodity, specialty and branded ingredients. We are looking for a sales associate for our growing company. We are open to both experienced individuals as well as recent college graduates looking to get in on a ground floor opportunity. We offer our sales staff healthcare benefits and a great collaborative environment.
FLSA Status: Salaried/Exempt, plus commission
Job Type: Full-time Regular
Positions Available: 2
The successful candidate will develop new prospects and interact with existing and potential customers to increase Life Bridge sales in the Food, Beverage, Pharmaceutical, Raw Ingredients, Sweeteners and Nutraceutical Industry within the United States and North America. Our target customers are Finished-Product Manufacturers, Contract Manufacturers, and other Ingredient Distributors. The candidate will work with marketing, product development, research and development, and production to meet market demands.
Please note that this is not a remote position, incumbent must live within a commutable distance from Corona, CA. Incumbent will be expected to spend at least 50% of his/her time outside of the office prospecting new business or managing current accounts
- Obtains orders and establishes new accounts by planning and organizing daily work schedule to call and email on existing or potential sales outlets and other trade factors. As sales grow, maintaining existing accounts will also be needed.
- Focuses sales efforts by studying existing and potential volume of dealers.
- Submits orders by referring to price lists and product literature.
- Keeps management informed by submitting activity and results reports, such as daily call reports, weekly work plans, and monthly and annual territory analyses.
- Monitors competition by gathering current marketplace information on pricing, products, new products, delivery schedules, merchandising techniques, etc.
- Recommends changes in products, service, and policy by evaluating results and competitive developments.
- Resolves customer complaints by investigating problems; developing solutions; preparing reports; making recommendations to management.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Provides historical records by maintaining records on area and customer sales.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Incumbent will be expected to spend at least 50% of his/her time outside of the office prospecting new business or managing current accounts
- Performs other job-related duties and responsibilities as may be assigned from time to time.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business administration or a related field preferred
- Experience: A minimum 5 years of related sales experience preferably within the Raw Ingredients, Food, Beverage, Sweeteners, or Nutraceutical industry.
- Customer relationship management.
- Proven Prospecting, Negotiation and Closing abilities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Dedication to providing great customer service.
- Availability to travel as needed
Skills and Competencies
- Demonstrable experience as an account manager, developing client-focused, differentiated and achievable solutions
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, present and influence credibly and effectively
- Analytical skills with a problem-solving attitude
- Solid customer service attitude with excellent negotiation skills
- Strong Business Sense and Market Knowledge
- Knowledge of CRM software and Microsoft Office Suite, Zoho highly desired
- High Integrity and strong work ethic
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands or finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. The noise level in the work environment is low to moderate. This position may be subject to local, national and possibly international travel.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.
Life Bridge does not accept unsolicited resumes from individual recruiters or third party recruiting agencies in response to job postings. No fee will be paid to third parties who submit unsolicited candidates directly to our hiring managers or HR team