Together through a culture of caring and genuine connections, we help heroes save lives.
About this opportunity:
If you are passionate about helping people, love finding solutions to customer challenges, always go the extra mile and get a big smile on your face when you deliver WOW service, we would love to talk to you.
At Life-Assist, Customer Care Specialist listens to the needs of our customers, takes the time to understand and always delivers WOW level service. This specialist is someone who cares enough to deliver an outrageously incredible customer experience every hour of every day. Add in a good amount of empathy, positivity, flexibility, resourcefulness and a lot of tenacity and that describes a candidate we would like to meet.
If you believe you can make a difference to our customer and employees, please read on.
What will you do?
- Listen and understand customer requests, the needs and challenges of our customers and provide remarkable solutions.
- Provide written and verbal communications to our customers in a manner that demonstrates our culture of caring.
- Ensure every customer knows and feels that they are extremely important to Life-Assist and demonstrate that we are driven to support their needs.
- Be the face and/or voice of Life-Assist, ensuring all customers feel welcome and appreciated from the first contact and forever after.
- Support the sales channels with any customer support needs.
Who are you?
- 2+ years of experience in customer service or a related sales support field
- Associates or BA/BS degree preferred
- Experience in medical equipment products and/or distribution industry a plus
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to learn and master processes/systems quickly
- Highly committed to learning the products, services and solutions we offer
- Look for opportunities to ‘wow’ customers with an unexpected level of service
- Build strong relationships with customers, vendors and co-workers
- Organized with a high level of attention to detail
- Ability to work unscripted, confidently asking questions/providing answers
- Finds creative solutions to customer needs
- Actively looks for opportunities to improve processes and gain efficiency
- Responds to customer requests promptly and effectively
- Follows up consistently in line with expectations
- Values honesty and recognizes the impact we have on others
- Thrives working in a team-oriented environment
- Fits into a culture with a long history of helping people
- Proficient with the Microsoft Office software suite
We believe in showing employees how valuable they are to Life-Assist. Check out what you can expect when you join our team:
- 7 paid holidays plus 1 paid floater to use as you please
- 15 accrued days Paid Time Off -to help you take that refreshing time to get away from it all.
- Quarterly Bonuses –Life-Assist shares its profitability with its employees each quarter. After all – you helped us get there!
- Spot Bonuses – we recognize that sometimes a project requires that above and beyond effort and reward our employees with a Spot Bonus “shout out.”
- Employee Assistance Program – to help you reduce the stress of everyday living.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Short-term and Long-term disability pay
- 401K Retirement Savings Plan – Life-Assist contributes a % of your deferral to help you meet your retirement goals.
- Tuition Reimbursement – We will help you reach your educational goals by providing financial support towards you earning your degree.
- Employee Development Programs – we offer on-line, in-house, and outside seminar/workshop support to help you keep your skills sharp and learn new things.
- Matching Donation Program- have a favorite charity? Life-Assist will match your donation up to a maximum of $500/year.
Who are we?
At Life Assist we show up every day, so we can “Help Heroes Save Lives”. Every decision we make and every action we take ensures that first responders are able to do their jobs as easily and effectively as possible. We count on them to count on us.
Our culture is extremely important to us. We aren’t about what we sell. We are about what we stand for.
We recently celebrated 43 years in business. Many of our employees have been with the company over 10 years. We believe this speaks highly about who we are as a company and how much our employees love working here.
If this position sounds like a good fit and you are interested in working for a company where employees love coming to work and helping heroes save lives every day, please submit your resume in pdf or Word format along with answers to our posted questions.
Why are you interested in working at Life Assist?
Describe key characteristics that would make you a good culture fit for the Life Assist team?
Describe what makes you successful in a Customer Support role?
What is your favorite food and why?
Life-Assist, Inc.Operating since 1977, Life-Assist, Inc. is one of the nation's largest distributors of emergency medical supplies and equipment for the First Responder, Paramedic, EMT and EMS Provider.
Rancho Cordova, CA