The ideal candidate will travel to locations to repair, maintain, and troubleshoot mechanical or electronic laboratory robotic equipment. This candidate should be comfortable working independently and be an excellent problem solver, have strong electrical, mechanical, and computer skills.
The Service Specialist compensation base salary range of $60 to $90 DOE plus incentives ($5-$10k+) commensurate with experience will be negotiated to secure the right candidate. Full medical, dental, 401k, and car allowance benefits.
· Conduct repair services, preventative maintenance, and installation services on automated storage systems
· Repair, Clean, replace, or install necessary parts to maintain smooth operation
· Ensure all service actions are captured, defined, and documented per company policies
· Provide Technical support to end users and distributor partners
· Frequent travel as required based primarily in western USA. Travel up to 50% overnight as required.
· Bachelor's degree in Engineering or related experience in laboratory automation is a plus
· Must have excellent customer service skills
· Must have excellent problem solving skills troubleshooting electrical, mechanical, and software issues
· 2+ years' in related technical field experience with strong background in electrical engineering as well as aptitude for mechanical engineering in component driven devices
· Passion for high level of customer service and follow through
· Advanced hands on electrical and mechanical knowledge and skills
· Strong communication and problem-solving skills
· Refrigeration experience working with cascade systems a plus
· Science background experience a plus
· Laboratory automation experience a plus
· Computer Skills knowledge and programming a plus
· Hands on experience working with electronics and component driven systems
· Software experience a plus