POSITIONS: GENERAL CLEANERS & CARETAKERS
SITES: Available in Licking and Knox Counties and Whitehall, Ohio
FULL AND PART TIME
This position is responsible for completing the general cleaning and some floor work aspects of assigned area. General cleaning tasks include but are not limited to: Vacuuming, sweeping, wet and dust mopping, trash removal, restroom cleaning, vent cleaning, wall washing, window washing, high and low dusting, and detail cleaning and snow removal at some locations.
This position is responsible for providing high quality facility services which include completing the janitorial/general cleaning and lawn care/landscaping services of assigned area. General cleaning tasks may include, but are not limited to: sweeping, wet mopping, trash removal, restroom cleaning, wall washing, window washing and high and low dusting. Lawn care/landscaping tasks may include, but are not limited to: Picking up litter and debris on grounds and landscaped areas, sweeping sidewalks, weeding and mulching flower beds, emptying and disposing of charcoal grill residue, panting and watering flowers, trimming trees and bushes, mowing grass and trimming along sidewalks and snow removal from sidewalks and other walkways.
- Employer conducts pre-employment drug screen.
- Must be able to pass extensive criminal background check.
- Prefer a valid Ohio driver’s license and be able to meet driving standards.
- Transportation from Newark provided (if seat is available)
MINIMUM SKILLS/ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Must have ability to read directions and effectively communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Must be able to communicate well with and work around the public.
- Must be able to bend, twist, stoop, squat, reach, and lift/carry 35 - 50 lbs.
- Must have the physical ability to walk long distances, stand & climb stairs where needed.
- Must be able to meet the established quality control standards and have attention to detail.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize job duties.
- Must be able to work independently & unsupervised for long periods of time.
Willing to train.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
For lawn care/landscaping tasks: work outside in inclement weather conditions from 30 minutes up to 2 hours without a break, push a lawn mower, lift to remove equipment from trailer, ride a lawn mower, and use handheld lawn maintenance equipment.
For snow and ice removal: work outside in inclement weather conditions from 30 minutes up to 2 hours without a break, push and lift snow shovel with snow and ice weighing up to 50 pounds, perform simple grasping to use ice pick, and distribute ice-melting chemicals.