Assistant Project Manager For Collections Maintenance
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
LAC Federal is hiring an Assistant Project Manager to support a library for a well-known governmental agency located in Washington, DC. The Assistant Project Manager oversees a dynamic team of library clerks and technicians in a high demand environment, who perform a variety of collections maintenance tasks, such as shelving, shifting, filing, and inventory control. The Assistant Project Manager must be able to act as a leader to staff members, be flexible and adaptable to changing workflows, and can take direction from the Project Manager and Client Supervisors.
This is a full-time, benefited position.
Candidates must be able to pass a background investigation. Active or recently completed background investigation strongly preferred.
The Assistant Project Manager oversees all aspects of the project related to collections maintenance, including: shelving, updating materials, inventory procedures, and shifting projects.
The Collections Maintenance APM has a thorough knowledge of the stacks collection, and is responsible for:
- Training new staff members
- Clearly communicating safety procedures & policies to staff.
- Identifying priority workflows and delegating tasks
- Updating, maintaining, and – when necessary – creating procedural manuals, and keeping them organized on the shared drive.
- Performing quality control of staff members’ work & providing feedback.
- Tracking of missing volumes to claim from the copyright office.
- Providing refresher trainings for staff when deemed necessary.
- Serving as liaison between the CAMPI team and the Law Library collections maintenance staff.
- Attending regular meetings with the management team.
- Assisting with patron requests and maintaining the coverage schedule. Negotiate trade shifts and find coverage when needed.
- Being able to serve as Acting Project Manager when necessary.
In addition to these managerial tasks, the Collections Maintenance APM should be competent enough to perform in all collection maintenance tasks, and will do so as necessary to ensure the workloads are balanced and the team is meeting production benchmarks.
An individual should possess the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed and meet the amount of education, training and/or work experience required.
- 2 years of prior experience working in a law library of 500,000+ volumes
- Demonstrated experience in reviewing the work of others
- Ability to address performance and personnel issues
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Adaptable to changing workflows
- Attention to detail with good problem-solving ability
- Dependable, with a willingness to learn
- Preference will be given to applicants who are proficient in at least one foreign language and who are able to transliterate using Romanization tables.
- Available to work on nights and Saturdays preferred
- Must be able to continuously stand, walk, lift, bend and stoop to perform collections maintenance tasks, such as shelving, shifting, and pushing heavy book trucks.
- Must be able to balance on step ladders while pulling, moving, or re-shelving materials on the shelves.
- Must be able to move from place to place within the location; lift, push/pull, hold/carry of items weighing up to (25) pounds and occasional up to (35) pounds such as files, books, stacks of paper, and other materials.
- Ability to sit for long periods of time and to maintain focus on projects such as computer screens or detailed paperwork.
LS&S is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status, genetics or any other category protected under applicable law.
Library Systems & Services Llc
Get fresh Assistant Project Construction Manager jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.