Data Analyst- TSD
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Liberty Source is a top-tier onshore managed services provider with a social mission to provide sustainable careers to military spouses and veterans. Liberty Source provides cost-effective Data Services that help organizations drive a competitive advantage. We do this by improving data accuracy, completeness, consistency, and relevance so we can use Big Data and AI to build better products, improve customer experience, and make better decisions.
Liberty Source is headquartered on historic Fort Monroe. Designated as national monument in 2011, Fort Monroe is a former military installation in Hampton, Virginia.
Liberty Source PBC is seeking a strong Data Analyst with the ability to learn and understand data analytics, data research and financial terms. This position requires conducting online research and analysis to understand relevant information and data across a broad range of businesses. On the job training, service knowledge, and specific product training will be provided. This is a full-time position is based in Hampton, Virginia and will provide support to our client.
Our client is an innovative U.S. based hedge fund that uses a variety of technological methods for its trading strategies. Today this firm has assets reaching more than $50 billion and employs several thousand people.
Current Liberty Source employees applying to this position will be provided the right of first refusal prior to reviewing external applicants.
Position Responsibilities (includes but not limited to):
- Research and identify critical industry data
- Parse documents, reports, emails and other data sources to extract relevant information
- Interpret data for its content and usefulness
- Make important decisions regarding the value and significance of data
- Audit output information for their content and accuracy
- Communicate with clients and internal stakeholders to review research or source data when necessary
- Conduct ad hoc research and data querying, gathering and validation projects
- Analysts will also conduct overall quality checks, data validation and build long-term solutions to improve research, processes and data output
- Establish, track and maintain analytics to support data compilation and client reporting
- Develop useful reports and/or mapping based upon the data collected
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Intelligence and Aptitude for understanding and managing large volumes of data
- Strong interest in Big Data, Data Analytics or Research
- 1 – 3 years’ experience in analytical/ research work preferred
- Self-starter with high degree of initiative
- Process-oriented, with focus on effectiveness and efficiency; highly organized; strong attention to detail and thoroughness- must exercise good judgement
- Must have clear written and oral communication skills
- Dedicated to quality and continuous improvement; willingness to learn new things constantly by own initiative
- Experience with Microsoft Office, particularly Excel
- Team member and works well independently
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and 10 paid holidays
- Medical, dental, vision, life insurance, and other ancillary benefits
- 401k Plan
A pre-employment background check is required.
Applicants must be residing OR relocating soon to the Hampton Roads area to be considered for this position.
Due to COVID, this role is currently a remote position offering a work from home capability with potential to return to the office in the near future.
To learn more about our business, please visit our website at https://liberty-source.com/
TechnologyView all jobs at Liberty Source