*Advance your career at Liberty Mutual - A Fortune 100 Company!*
Property Adjusters investigate commercial property claims, evaluate damages, determine coverage, set accurate loss cost estimates, control the insured's exposures and losses, manage consultants, and achieve a prompt, fair and equitable settlement according to fair claims handling requirements. Negotiate settlement of claims with varying complexity and perils.
NOTE : The actual level / grade for this role will depend on the candidate's overall experience and skill level.
* Responsibilities: *
* Conducts a prompt, thorough and fair investigation by obtaining relevant facts to determine coverage, origin, and extent of property losses. Reviews and utilizes financial statements to adjust short duration business interruption losses.
* Conduct on-site appraisal or direct independent adjuster to determine facts relevant causation, damages and exposure.
* Engages and manages consultants and independent adjusters as required. Monitors the costs to ensure they are reasonable and necessary.
* Establishes and maintains accurate loss cost estimates and reserves for each claim for reporting, financial records, and other purposes; monitors the costs to ensure they are reasonable and necessary.
* Keeps the insured and others informed about the claim's status with clear, timely and accurate written/oral communications. Determines depreciation of claim.
* Affirms or denies coverage of the claim based on the facts and the policy terms and conditions.
* Develops information necessary to make advance, partial and final payments when appropriate.
* Effectively negotiate settlement of claims of varying complexity and perils.
* Keeps the electronic claim file properly documented with accurate, clear and timely information and reports that reflect the adjustment activities and substantiate any payments made.
* Will be called upon for catastrophe duty.
* Qualifications: *
* Effective interpersonal, analytical and negotiation abilities required.
* Ability to provide information in a clear, concise manner with an appropriate level of detail.
* Demonstrated ability to build and maintain effective relationships.
* Demonstrated success in a professional environment; success in a customer service/retail environment preferred.
* Effective analytical skills to gather information, analyze facts, and draw conclusions; as normally acquired through a bachelor's degree or equivalent.
* Knowledge of legal liability, insurance coverage and medical terminology helpful, but not mandatory.
* Licensing may be required in some states.
* Knowledge of commercial property claims adjusting methods (coverage evaluation, loss assessment, etc.) strongly preferred
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
* Benefits: *
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to positive change. In return for your service, it's our privilege to offer you benefits and rewards that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please click here .
* Overview: *
At Liberty Mutual, we give motivated, accomplished professionals the opportunity to help us redefine what insurance means; to work for a global leader with a deep sense of humanity and a focus on improving and protecting everyday lives. We create an inspired, collaborative environment, where people can take ownership of their work; push breakthrough ideas; and feel confident that their contributions will be valued and their growth championed.
We're dedicated to doing the right thing for our employees, because we know that their fulfillment and success leads us to great places. Life. Happiness. Innovation. Impact. Advancement. Whatever their pursuit, talented people find their path at Liberty Mutual.
**Title:** *Inside Property Claims Specialist, National Insurance Specialty Claims - Commercial Insurance*
**Requisition ID:** *103487*
**Other Locations:** *US-Colorado*