Are you looking for a Senior Underwriting opportunity with a responsible company that has consistently outpaced the industry in year over year growth? We have an excellent underwriting opportunity available. We look for Underwriters who develops, grows, and maintains a profitable, diversified book of business through effective underwriting decision making, mutually beneficial agent/brokers relationships, and application of underwriting tools, systems, and expert resources under limited supervision. Guides/mentors less experienced underwriters in their respective area of expertise, including regular employee coaching with feedback to the manager on progress of the employee.
- Risk Selection: evaluates or assesses the business applying for insurance by qualifying accounts; identifying, selecting and assessing risks; determining the premium, policy terms and conditions; obtaining approvals; creating/presenting the proposal to the agent/broker and successfully negotiating deals.
- Agent/Broker Relationships: Demonstrates a high level of responsiveness and focus on supporting Agents and Brokers objectives through successful negotiations. Develops and maintains the relationship through responsive service, site visits, in person renewal meetings or enhanced knowledge of their customers businesses.
- Portfolio Management: Manages a book of business by analyzing the portfolio, identifying areas of opportunity for improved growth, profit and diversification, and executing marketing plans to increase market share with preferred brokers.
- Documenting the Deal: Documents files in a way that reflects a solid thought process and decision making through comprehensive account reviews, sign-offs and referrals.
- Leadership: Formally and informally guides, mentors, and coaches underwriters in both technical and professional skills.
- Continuous Improvement: Actively participates in continuous improvement by fully engaging in daily huddles, generating suggestions, following appropriate procedures and work principles, participating in problem solving activities, and using continuous improvement tools to support the work of the team.
- Bachelors degree or equivalent preferred, continuing insurance education desired
- Success driven individual who has demonstrated 3-10 years of success in a commercial underwriting role
- Ability to analyze variables, such as type & amount of coverage, loss control, credit reports, and loss experience
- Thorough knowledge of commercial insurance coverages, contracts & underwriting guidelines
- Ability to interact successfully with customers to build & maintain good business relationships.
- Negotiation and pricing skills
- Hard work, honesty, integrity and unwavering business ethics