Position: Job Coach, Inglewood, CA - Entry Level ($14.50-$15.50 per hour)
Job Type: Full-Time (30+ hours/week)
Reports to: Program Manager/Case Manager
Make a difference in someone’s life. Liberty Employment Services, Inc. is seeking a caring, enthusiastic teammate to work with adults with intellectual disabilities (can include mild to severe intellectual disabilities, Autism, ADHD, Down Syndrome, dual diagnoses, and/or any developmental disorder). The Job Coach will assist and teach job tasks and social skills that increase a participant’s independence at their job site. The Job Coach will provide intensive individualized training on specific skills needed including client assessment, counseling, intervention, and advocacy. Expect thorough training, great challenges, and even greater fulfillment while learning to become a Registered Behavior Technician (RBT).
Job Coach Responsibilities:
· Perform coaching duties for program participant(s) assigned to caseload and provide supervision of program participant(s) at work sites.
· Serve as a role model for the participant and employer, modeling appropriate behavior and social interactions.
· Utilize Applied Behavior Analysis while job coaching to meet the participant and employer’s needs including identification and analysis of work performed, progress reports, and recommendations.
· Provide interventions to participants assigned to caseload while learning about data collection.
· Uses a team approach to share information on participant progress or other relevant information with Liberty Employment Services, Regional Center and /or family members.
· Participate in developing and reviewing the annual, bi-annual, and or quarterly supported employment service plan assigned to your caseload.
· Participate in agency training to improve skills in the use of structured training techniques for teaching job performance- and work behavior.
· Responsible for documentation of services provided, case notes, processing attendance, and time sheets to ensure compliance with federal state and agency regulations.
· Foster agency and program-wide cooperation and teamwork with positive-constructive communication techniques.
Knowledge/ Skills Required:
· Minimum qualifications include a High School Diploma/GED. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
· Must have knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
· Must possess effective oral and written communication skills with the ability to make presentations.
· Must be coach-able with a positive affect and worldview.
· Documented experience working with or volunteering with individuals with developmental disabilities and/or other life challenges (i.e., substance abuse, etc.)- Highly preferred.
· Must be free of Tuberculosis and agree to an initial PPD Skin Test
· Must pass a criminal, state and federal background check.
· CPR & First Aid Certification, as well as CPI (Crisis Prevention Intervention), required within 30-60 days of employment.
· Must possess reliable transportation and pass DMV check with verifiable auto insurance.
· Must be agreeable to a varied work schedule during business days of the week for those we serve.
• Must be able to lift 45 lbs
· Experience with CentralReach Software a plus.
· Knowledge of benefits counseling (SSI, SSDI, and GR) is a plus.
· Foreign language is a plus.
Compensation is based upon education and experience $13.25/hour - $15.50/hour
Qualified applicants, please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com
To learn more, please visit www.liberty-corp.org