As an Sewer/Upholsterer with Safco, you will develop a unique finesse in working with various fabrics and vinyl as you finish headrests, armrests, chair backs and seats cushions across a range of office seating. You will thrive working in an environment that demands a cadence that keeps pace with the fluctuating demands of commercial custom orders moving through our production assembly center.
This full-time position (Hours 7:00 am - 3:30 pm Monday - Friday, with periodic overtime) reports directly to the Manufacturing Supervisor and is located in Kennesaw, GA (Highway 75 & Earnest W. Barrett Pkwy NW).
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL:
- Review work order requirements and design specifications to complete customized orders as you cut out a variety of fabrics and/or vinyl according to pattern dimension, and use tools (e.g., hand tools, power tools, glue, industrial steamer, staples) to apply/secure the fabric to chair seats, chair backs, headrests and armrests across a range of Safco's office seating product line.
- Knowledge of fabrics and upholstery using hydraulic presses or free hand.
- Measure and cut fabric and/or vinyl, using patterns, measuring and cutting instruments, following standard patterns and design specifications.
- Use industrial steamer as required for vinyl, crushed foam, and wrinkled fabric
- Operate sewing machines to sew seams, top-stitching and join various sections of covering material.
- Help maintain records of time required to perform each operation.
- Utilize efficient time management, follow project specifications/direction and prioritize work load as you coordinate your work flow with downstream team members in assembly and shipping.
- Read work orders, and apply knowledge and experience with materials in order to sew and upholster to Safco quality and standard methods.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- At least one (1) year of prior upholstery experience including gluing, upholstery and operating standard power tools of the trade, including hydraulic presses. Sewing experience is a plus.
- Ability to accurately read and interpret a measuring tape.
- A team-oriented mindset and the ability to communicate across a diverse workforce and maintain a positive and respectful attitude.
- Ability to stand, walk, sit; occasionally lift up to 50 lbs. while performing the duties of this job.
Safco has delivered exceptional organization and workspace products for the ever changing ways in which people live and work. Based in Minneapolis, Minnesota with revenue of $200M, Safco operates a state-of-the-art manufacturing facility in Milford, Iowa and distribution centers located in Minnesota, Virginia, Georgia, and California. With the acquisition of Mayline in 2016, Safco entered the U.S. manufacturing and operations space producing approximately 25% of its product offering and sourcing the remainder. By making the strategic decision to manufacture in the U.S., Safco is able to deliver with greater speed and efficiency, and build in additional protection in matters such as global trade decisions / tariffs.
In 1966, Safco became part of the Liberty Diversified International family of businesses. Comprised of multiple companies with headquarters in Minneapolis, Minnesota, Liberty Diversified International (LDI) has revenues exceeding $700M. LDI is comprised of three divisions: Paper and Packaging, Workspace Products, and Building Products. Led by the company's first external CEO and a talented management team, LDI is on track to become a $1B company. We have 1,900 employees and 20 facilities throughout the U.S. and Mexico. Since LDI's inception in 1918, our values - Caring, Innovation, Trust and Excellence - have guided our day-to-day activities. We believe that when our employees are aligned with these values, we create superior solutions and service for our customers. With roots in the corrugated cardboard business, today we operate in the core markets of paper and packaging, retail merchandising, workplace environments and building products.
Learn more about careers with us: http://jobs.libertydiversified.com
Learn more about our parent company & family of companies: www.LibertyDiversified.com
Learn more about Safco: www.SafcoProducts.com
◊ ◊ ◊
Liberty Diversified International is an equal opportunity & affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, the disabled and veterans are encouraged to apply. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status and other protected characteristics.
Only candidates who meet the minimum job requirements will be considered. This position does not offer financial support for relocation or VISA sponsorship. Unsolicited resumes from independent recruiters or recruitment agencies will not be considered.