CAD / CAM Engineer
Liberty Coach Inc.
1400 Morrow Ave.
North Chicago IL, 60064
Liberty Coach is the industry leader in the creation of luxury motor coach interiors. Our company has been converting 45' motor coaches into luxurious motorhomes as seen on the Travel Channel for over 45 years. The interiors of our motor coaches rival the finest high-end yachts of the world with many similarities in quality and components. Our North Chicago facility is responsible for the manufacturing and service of these vehicles, along with our Florida facility maintaining our national show room and southern service. Liberty Coach maintains an environment of quality-orientated employees, which is reflected in our leading position in the motor coach market.
As a CAD/CAM Engineer, you will be part of a team of other engineers responsible for the design and implementation of 3D models from 2D drawings and sketches of the interiors components we produce. These designs are for interior cabinets, moldings, ceilings, solid surface tops and many other components used in the interior conversion process. Once designs are completed, CNC software is utilized to machine components out on a CNC router. The different types of software used are as follows:
1. Siemens NX for 3D design.
2. AutoCAD Inventor for 3D design.
3. AutoCAD for 2D design.
4. Alpha Cam for wood component machining.
5. TopSolid Wood for wood component machining and 3D design.
The qualification and requirements of the position are as follows. Other qualifications and requirements within Liberty Coach may be required.
1. High school diploma or general education degree.
2. 2D cad software experience.
3. 3D cad software experience with listed software or similar.
4. Good communication skills.
5. Ability to learn company provided CNC software.
6. Ability to learn company provided CAD software.
7. Detail orientated workmanship.
8. Ability to support production staff to insure proper assembly of designs.
9. Ability to work as a team.
Liberty Coach has a complete benefits package that consists of Group health and dental insurance, 401K and paid vacations. Salary range will depend on individual candidate qualifications.
Job Type: Full-time