The Quality Control (QC) Manager must have a minimum of five years’ experience in general construction as a QC Manager, Superintendent, or acceptable combination of experience and additional education. He/she must be capable of establishing and maintaining an effective quality control system.
This individual must be experienced in performing inspections, detecting defective workmanship and trends, determining root causes, and developing corrective action plans. He/she must have the ability to prepare testing plans and validate results. He/she must have knowledge of all construction disciplines and possess a strong knowledge of applicable codes and industry standards. This individual must be capable of reviewing design drawings and specifications, preparing daily reports and detecting defects on a project including work performed by in-house crews and subcontractors.
Duties include: implementation and administration of project QC plan; development and implementation of project specific QC plans; responsibility for overall on-site quality control activities; management of daily preventive and corrective quality control activities for the joint venture and its subcontractors; conducting quality control meetings; coordination with and notification of Quality Assurance Evaluators of quality control activities; coordinating activities of QC Specialists and Materials Technicians; directing the performance of the three phases of control established by the QC plan; performing submittal review and certification; ensuring testing is performed; ensuring Safety Plan compliance; warranty administration; implementation and administration of the Customer Service Program; and, preparing and maintaining quality control certifications and documentation required under the contract. Must be willing to travel up to 3 weeks at a time, sometimes longer. Must have vertical construction experience on military sites. D/B experience a plus.
· Accountable for project quality, schedule, production profitability, management of subcontractor and client relationships.
· Will monitor subcontractors, vendors and suppliers for safe working conditions and compliance with quality control systems
· Prepare reports and submittals to Government and corporate headquarters
· Prior experience as Quality Control Manager on federal construction contracts, including implementation of QC plans, completing QC documentation/reports, holding meetings, inspections, oversee subcontractor work to ensure compliance
· CQM, OSHA and EM385-1-1 training, preferred
· Strong knowledge of construction trades
· Proficient in MS Office Suite
· Strong organizational skills
· Strong verbal and oral communication skills
Liaison Placement Services LLC
Why Work Here?We are a permanent placement staffing company for the construction industry. We bring a 21st century approach and business model that has allowed quick growth and is catching the attention of companies across the country.
A full-service architecture-engineering firm, specializing in creating innovative and functional design solutions for our government