JOB DESCRIPTION AND WORKER CHARACTERISTICS:
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE POSITION
1. Assisting the Insurance Agent through handling policy inquiries, changes, quotes and billing inquiries over the telephone.
2. Display leadership and problem-solving skills in day to day activities.
3. Cross-sells accounts as needed and sees fit.
4. Assist clients with claims by turning into the company and following up with the company and client making sure to document all interactions in management system.
5. Assist team members with challenging service calls and policy inquiries.
6. Answer questions from agents and CSRs regarding policy status and complex rating issues and coverage.
7. Input policy change on-line during telephone conversations with agents and policyholders, provides on-line change request quotes to customers and handles and resolves direct bill inquiries.
8. Engage in on the job training.
9. Documents all client interactions through management system.
10. Conduct quality monitoring of team members with regard to Processing accuracy, underwriting authority and documentation of records.
11. Resolve conflict between company, agent and customer over policy issues.
12. Investigate all formal/informal insurance complaints, and compiles necessary information prior to written correspondence.
13. Oversee the workflow within company service standards.
14. Perform other duties as assigned.
Skills in: Communicating effectively and listening actively, Ability to solve problems, Handle stress and a team player, Demonstrates personal motivation, Applies technical knowledge and skills, Maintains a professional image
Ability to: define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions; exercise independent judgment and discretion; determine material and equipment needs; add, subtract, multiply, and divide whole numbers; communicate effectively; maintain records according to established procedures; arm-hand steadiness; handle sensitive inquiries from and contacts with the general public; develop and maintain effective working relationships; travel to and gain access to work sites.
Any combination of training and work experience which indicates possession of the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below. An example of an acceptable qualification for this position:
Completion of secondary education or GED; previous experience with insurance or finance a plus or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience. Must have access to reliable transportation. No criminal convictions.
LICENSURE OR CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
The following are examples only and are not intended to be all inclusive:
Standard office equipment (e.g. telephone, copy machine, computer, etc.).