Lexington, NC Lexington, NC
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Manages the Purchasing, Material Planning, Inventory Control, Stockroom and Shipping/Receiving functions. Directs and coordinates all activities by performing the following duties personally or through delegation to subordinates.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
- Develop and implement purchasing policies.
- Process or approve purchase orders for components and raw material.
- Identify/approve qualified sources of supply and services including multiple sources to eliminate material shortages caused by single source suppliers.
- Ensure timely delivery of goods at the most economical cost.
- Review and analyze inventory levels of components and raw materials to maintain adequate quantities of stock to satisfy production demand requirements and ensure on-time customer deliveries.
- Ensure that the raw material and component mix maximizes the Company's inventory investment while achieving the Company's desired inventory turns.
- Review purchase orders for value-added outside processes.
- Synchronize purchasing activities with manufacturing and engineering.
- Coordinate Engineering Changes Notices through areas of responsibility when applicable.
- Analyze market and delivery conditions to determine present and future material availability.
- Maintain accurate records of Company-owned materials stored at supplier locations.
- Administer and control storage areas for components and raw materials.
- Conduct and coordinate semiannual physical inventories and monthly cycle counts.
- Develop and maintain ISO 9001 procedures for Purchasing, Product Identification and Traceability, Handling, Storage, Packaging, Preservation and Delivery.
- Ensure adherence to Nonconforming Product procedure.
- Oversee shipping and receiving department.
Supervises Purchasing, Stockroom and Shipping/Receiving personnel as well as administrative functions of the departments.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Strong negotiation skills and ability to develop win-win solutions.
- Working Knowledge of ERP and MRP principles (E2 ERP experience preferred).
- Strong computer skills including Excel.
- Ability to work with small parts and use counting scales.
- Comprehensive understanding of inventory management techniques.
- Thorough understanding of supply chain management.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: Five to Ten years of experience as Materials Manager in a Manufacturing environment preferred, but not required.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to communicate with all levels of Company personnel as well as outside supplier personnel.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to apply basic math.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to make appropriate decisions based on quantitative and qualitative analysis.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Normal, casual office environment, with occasional need to be on the shop floor
Lexington, NCWhy Work Here?
Awesome owner, highly rewarding and great atmosphere to work in. Rapidly expanding and offers opportunities to further your career path.
BusinessView all jobs at Lexington, NC