Experienced Diesel Tech
- Posted: 23 days ago
The Diesel Technician position with the Lewis Automotive Group performs vehicle service and major repair work as assigned in accordance with dealership and factory standards. The Diesel Technician is responsible for maintaining the technical knowledge and skill to efficiently and accurately repair Dodge diesel trucks.
The preferred candidate would have held Dodge diesel certifications for a minimum of 2 years and have hands-on dealership experience utilizing certification knowledge.
- Stay current in the latest diagnostic methods and service techniques across a number of brands; stay informed of latest bulletins, service manuals and other service publications.
- Participate in service training activities; attend factory-sponsored training classes.
- Communicate regularly with service advisor/dispatcher to confirm repair order information and diagnostic information.
- Meet customer service standards by achieving ‘above district’ customer service information “CSI” scores.
- Follow established safety protocols; report any shop equipment in improper working condition; immediately report safety incidents.
- Diagnose cause of malfunction and repair; determine any additional needed repairs.
- Maintain and develop others’ technical knowledge of vehicle systems including, but not limited to: drivability, electrical, major engine mechanical, A/C, brakes, suspension, transmission and general vehicle systems.
- Will focus on diesel work, but will also be available and willing to work on other types of vehicles in the Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep/Ram family.
- Graduate of diesel mechanical vocational trade school or equivalent diesel experience required
- ASE, A/C, Brake and/or DOT Annual Inspector Certification(s) strongly preferred
- Valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record
- Successful completion of pre-employment drug screening
Lewis offers a full benefits package that includes insurance (medical, dental, vision, life, and supplemental poilicies), 401k with a company match, vacation after one year, employee discounts, and fun employee events!
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?