Associate - Private Equity
- Posted: 23 days ago
Lewis & Clark Capital (LACC) is the private equity investing arm of a family office (Lewis & Clark Holdings), based in St. Louis, MO. We partner with successful founders and operators to help realize their vision of moving beyond success to significance. Our approach is defined by 5 pillars:
- Operator Focused: We are a team of experienced operators who actively partner with managers to drive business transformation.
- People First: Talent acquisition and people development has underpinned our prior successes and will continue to be a major focus.
- Patient Capital: We maintain a long-term focus, with a sense of urgency to realize near term objectives.
- Entrepreneurship: We are invested & experienced across a broad swathe of industries and sizes with emphasis on entrepreneurial situations.
- Data as our backbone: We believe the key to scaling is to create robust measurement & reporting, to drive efficient decision making.
We enjoy working with candidates who are intellectually curious, motivated to learn on the job, enjoy rolling up their sleeves and understanding business operations, and are driven to challenge status quo using facts and data.
- Deal Screening: Evaluate & understand incoming deals, both quantitatively and qualitatively, to present an opinion / investment case to the LACC investment team
- Investment Thesis Formation Support: Researching selected sectors, companies, and market segments to identify potential investment opportunities.
- Transaction Assessment: Developing and interpreting results from the financial model to help assess the investment case.
- Transaction Execution: Coordination of due diligence process and transaction negotiation including collaboration with LACC internal investment committee, third party consultants and seller stakeholders.
- Portfolio Company Value Creation: Play an active role in identification, development, and execution of portfolio company strategic initiatives.
- Reporting Systems: Creating and maintaining simple dashboards using BI tools to monitor portfolio company performance and KPIs.
Required Skills and Experience
- 4+ years of prior work experience with a preference for FP&A, operational analysis, M&A analyst in investment banking / corporate development / private equity
- Bachelor's degree with a preference for either Finance / Accounting, public accounting work experience or MBA
- Evidence of financial modelling and analytical skills.
- Experience with financial statement understanding and investment economics
- Demonstrated ability and interest in working with a small group of professionals and business leaders.
- Highly competitive
- Entrepreneurial spirit & eagerness to learn at a fast paced, dynamic environment
- Self-starter with demonstrated interest in contributing to value-added initiatives
- Ability to interact with various levels of management, LACC, targeted companies and outside advisors / consultants effectively to drive improvement / strategic initiatives
- Evidence of desire to establish a career in private equity with LACC and grow with the firm for the long-term
Lewis & Clark Capital provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Lewis & Clark Capital
AddressSaint Louis, MO
Finance and Insurance
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?