Information Security Officer
Levi Hunter Topeka, KS
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Information Security Officer
- Pay is $65 - $68 per hour
- Long Term Contract Opportunity with Perm Opportunity
- Location: Topeka, KS
- M-F 8am-5pm
Brief Description of Job Duties: The Information Security Officer develops, maintains, and enforces policies and procedures related to information security and safeguarding based on relevant governance and industry best practices. The ISO engages with Company staff, including Executive Leadership, with KCJIS & IT Operations staff, with partner agencies and organizations, and with relevant governance organizations to determine appropriate practices and controls.
The KBI Information Security Officer is responsible for the design and documentation of complex information security systems and structures, and the development and delivery of training programs.
In this position, you will engage as a member of the KCJIS & IT operations leadership team and provide input for planning and direction for the Division in support of its mission. You will participate in and report to select committees, task forces, planning groups, and governance bodies as needed.
General duties of the position include technical writing, risk assessment and management, planning, incident management and reporting, reviewing contracts and agreements, technical research and reviews, policy development, and reporting outcome and output measures. The position reports directly to the Company Chief Information Officer.
Knowledge and Skills required:
- Thorough knowledge of current information security best practices and standards.
- Thorough knowledge and experience with policy management and IT governance.
- Thorough knowledge of networking fundamentals
- Knowledge of datacenter systems and user endpoint device technologies
- Thorough knowledge of and experience with IT security systems and technologies (design and implementation).
- General knowledge of information architecture.
- Thorough knowledge of information security governance in at least one significant industry/community of interest vertical.
- At least 4 years’ experience in information technology management, showing increasing levels of responsibility. Education may be substituted for experience at the discretion of the Agency.
- Experience with strategic planning.
- Experience with technical and non-technical reporting.
- Experience with contract and vendor management.
Knowledge, Skills, and Experience Preferred:
- Knowledge of criminal justice governance and information processing requirements.
- Appropriate and applicable certifications, such as CISSP, CISM, CISSP-ISSAP, or CISA
- Knowledge of or experience with the legislative process.
- Experience with administrative duties in a management position.
- Top Secret Clearance
- Experience on boards, commissions, task forces, or governance groups.
- Must possess at least a Bachelor’s Degree in information technology management, information technology, computer science, telecommunications, engineering, business administration, or a related field. Experience may be substituted for education at the discretion of the Agency.
- As a condition of employment, you will be subject to a pre-employment process to include a fingerprint based records check and comprehensive background investigation, including reference check of past and present employers. Conversion from contract to regular employment will include a polygraph examination.
Attire for position: Business casual
TechnologyView all jobs at Levi Hunter