Engineering Specialist 2
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Pay is $33 per hour
1 Year Contract to Hire Position
8 open positions in the following locations...
Bloomington, MN, Phoenix, AZ, Denver, CO, Colorado Springs, CO
Monday through Friday - 8:00am to 5:00pm
The OSP Field Engineering Specialist performs field ride out, data collection, and engineering for the design of aerial, underground, and buried fiber optic facilities. This position requires frequent travel occasionally other metro areas. Although this position predominantly involves field work, it will also require completion of administrative tasks as required by project leadership. Functions in an engineering capacity. Under close supervision, performs routine aspects of engineering assignments requiring knowledge and application of basic engineering principles. Applies knowledge of engineering principles to prescribed techniques and procedures to complete project assignments.
Will follow Company travel policy at all times.
Will follow Company safety policies.
• Quality/Continuous Improvement: Develops an understanding and complies with the Company quality program. Supports continuous improvement and change management efforts.
• Engineering Production: Contributes to preparation of less complex engineering deliverables such as drawings, reports, specifications, and studies of limited scope. Performs routine research and develops recommendations for equipment and/or materials selection. Collects, assimilates, and manages data for engineering work. Prepares basic engineering calculations following standard methods and principles used in similar engineering analysis. Understands and adheres to budget, schedule, and quality requirements.
• Project Coordination: Shares information with others as requested. Coordinates with others when directed by supervisor or project leadership.
• Client Focus: Focuses on the needs of internal clients (project team leadership) while attempting to gain basic understanding of external client's main interests and drivers. May provide support to business development or pursuit activities.
• Knowledge Sharing, Innovation and Technology: Shares current knowledge of latest technology and processes.
• MDU Fielding Experience, excellent people skills and an understanding of Inside Plant Fiber construction
• Travel to various customer locations to determine fiber routing
• Develops & Designs fiber routes from Splice Location to the Termination point including building entries and ISP routing.
• Bachelor's degree in engineering technology or sciences PREFERRED or any other degree, specialized training, or experience, that makes the individual uniquely qualified to perform the job responsibilities.
• Typically a minimum of 1+ year related work experience, prefer 3+ years relevant field experience.
• Prefer knowledge of Minneapolis metro and knowledge or experience with jurisdictional requirements.
• Ideal candidate will have 1 or more of the following areas of experience:
- OSP network design
- ISP/Building Entry design
- Field engineering
- Experience with permitting or special crossings (bridge, water, railroad…)
- Fiber to the Cell Site (FTTCS)
- Fiber to the Prem
- GIS experience
• Individual must be available to mobilize when scheduled and possess a valid driver’s license with a clean motor vehicle report.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc…)
• Ability to work outside in varying weather conditions
• Must be able to stand, bend, squat, walk, move, lift, carry… equipment (>20lb) for the duration of the work day
• Basic knowledge of engineering design principles and applicable design guides and standards related to assigned engineering discipline
• Basic ability to interpret engineering deliverable content as assigned
• Basic industry knowledge and technology trends
• Basic knowledge of company quality program
• Basic knowledge of construction & constructability practices & principles
• Basic knowledge of procurement & contract administration
• Basic knowledge of process, procedures for project controls and estimating
• Basic knowledge of technical aspects of the proposal process
EngineeringView all jobs at Levi Hunter