- Pay is $60-$70 per hour
- 6 month CONTRACT TO HIRE
- Monday - Friday 8:00am to 5:00pm
- REMOTE until further notice
The Engineer’s role is to ensure the stable operations of the technology operational architectures. This includes monitoring, configuring, installing, administering, planning, developing, maintaining, and supporting the availability of Azure DevOPs. This role is responsible for monitoring the internal service request ticket system and resolving or escalating request from the service desk as appropriate. Engineer is a Self-starter, able to work with minimal direction from management. Understands need for lateral thinking and displays willingness to adapt to new ways of doing business.
- Provide Azure DevOps support for daily operations; monitors and reviews systems for availability, error conditions, adequate space allocation, backup integrity, and performance to ensure system stability. Provides on-call support during non-business hours.
- Participates in meetings to explain technical solutions and the feasibility of company operations to meet department needs for software and hardware. Works with Engineer peers and Leadership in finding cost-effective solutions to new and existing software and hardware needs.
- Monitors Azure DevOPs, provides usage and performance statistics, and reports as directed by Leadership. Recommends and implements appropriate actions to determine and resolve operational front end, architecture and integrational issues.
- Maintains knowledge of associated company management software, architectures, telecommunication products and services. Provides monitoring and reporting of technology operations as directed.
- Improves existing team processes. Creates effective documentation used by others. Attention to detail. Digs in and makes progress on work. Stays focused and isn't distracted by irrelevant things.
REQUIREMENTS: Education & Experience
- Requires a Bachelor's degree (120 credit hours) in Computer Science, Information Systems Management, Telecommunications, or qualified technology certifications in network, systems, or other related certifications
- Requires three years of experience in a systems and/or networking environment including VMware (virtualization), Citrix, Microsoft Windows servers, Microsoft Active Directory, Microsoft Exchange email, backup and restore hardware and software, telecommunications and VOIP telephony supporting (or working in) call center environments, including voice services and gateways, installing and configuring desktops, servers, wireless networking, and an understanding of the security, integrity, and safety of company operational efficiencies plus other related products.
- Additional years of qualifying work experience may be considered in lieu of formal education.
- Requires effective verbal and written communication skills to consult with management, business partners, users and vendors.
- Requires experience in building Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment pipelines for applications and cloud and experience of source code control.
- Requires effective organizational skills and the ability to manage frequent interruptions and multiple priorities.
- Requires the ability to relate well with coworkers and vendor representatives in order to enlist cooperation and provide guidance.
- Must have prior build and release experience. Build automation, pipeline and scripting preferred.
- Knowledge and use of Azure DevOps. Previous administration of Azure DevOps preferred.
- Microsoft Azure Administrator Associate or Microsoft Azure Developer Associate
- Microsoft DevOps Engineer Expert