Websites are pretty cool, right? WRONG!!! Websites are the coolest invention since sliced bread. Making them into a beautiful, interactive and interconnected web of helpful information that delights users and search engines alike is true bliss. If you don't agree with this statement, stop reading. This job is not for you.
Levelset is on a mission to solve one of the biggest problems on the globe and we can't do it without an amazing website. We're searching for a one-of-a-kind WordPress web developer who loves wrapping their brain and HTML around unique challenges and solving them in innovate ways. A person with a passion for taking a massively complex topic and laying it out in an enticing and elegant way. A person who is excited to work closely with product and marketing leadership to drive traffic and engagement on a rapidly growing website with thousands, and soon tens of thousands of visitors daily.
We want to give you high fives when the web traffic breaks another record. We want the sales team and the executive team to be abuzz when the lead count doubles. We want our visitors and customers to give us a 5-star review (see some here) because our website is so damned amazing and blazing fast, and because everything works all the time. And, of course, because they found us at all. When we talk to a prospect, we want them to say, "geesh, I see you guys everywhere."
You're going to be a star with your product group because you're going to make their product work -- which comprises many parts of our website (i.e. like Quora, Yelp, etc.) -- optimized for great digital performance. You're going to to be a star with our sales units because the google clicks are going to flood in. Marketing will love you for being able to bring our page designs to life while connecting everything www together. And your co-workers on your team are going to be enormously confident that everything they do is going to be propped up and propelled by your digital mastery.
And all the while, it's going to be really rewarding to you. That's because you're going to be part of a great team and culture, all working with an enormously meaningful mission, which empowers the people in one of the world's biggest industries -- construction -- to always get what they earn.
About This Role:
In this role, you will own the development of a world-class website to drive traffic and engagement that will support over 100% YoY revenue gains. You will work closely with Marketing and Product team leaders to build the WebMD equivalent content powerhouse of construction payments. You will use innovative techniques to develop dynamic webpages that pull from our vast data warehouse to bring relevant payment insights to the construction industry. You will support the creation of a gamified content forum that lets visitors, users and experts collaborate on payment problems. You will do all of this with the smartest and most motivated people you will ever meet.
As a Levelset Web Developer, you will…
- Receive design visuals (comps) and develop the front-end website for ongoing support with WordPress
- Provide feedback on designs to improve them for the ideal web experience.
- Codify thousands of web pages, content libraries, and data points in ways that are intuitive and helpful of pages
- Set up and manage WordPress CMS with frequent content updates to optimize the site for traffic and conversion goals
- Develop and implement technical SEO changes to the website to ensure traffic optimization
- Review web metrics on a regular basis to explore and prioritize web development projects
- Deploy and test several new technologies on the website to experiment with ways to improve traffic and conversion
- Develop new web technology methods to interact with Levelset SaaS-based products for new functionality
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field
- 3+ years experience in marketing/web development
- Must be proficient in English (reading, writing and talking)
- Excellent organization and time management skills and ability to meet deadlines.
- Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills with both technical and non-technical personnel
- Strong CMS experience with Wordpress
- Good understanding of the full web stack
- Ability to troubleshoot complex code designs written by multiple developers, reverse engineering, identifying incompatibilities and providing alternatives for improved design and performance
- Experience with analytical and web tracking tools for site usage
- Balance of left brain data obsession and right brain creativity
- Hubspot marketing automation experience preferred
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced work environment
Benefits & What We Offer:
We have an inventive and uplifting culture inspired by the mission and bound together in values. We love how our mission and values push us to work harder, think bigger, take risks, and challenge the status quo. We literally ask everyone on the team to judge our culture every day, and we live up to our high standards. Here are some benefits we offer:
- This is a place where you can do your best work. You'll wrestle with big challenges, have resources to meet them, work with stunning colleagues, and love working here.
- Get invested in an electric opportunity with considerable upside with equity options.
- Full paid Health insurance. Dental / Vision group plan available.
- Open vacation policy with minimums, but not maximums.
- Subsidized International Travel because we highly value intellectual curiosity and perspective.
- Flexible paid sick, parental, & personal leave policy.
- Team lunches & stocked snacks.
- Dog-friendly office.
However, what we really offer is not all that, it's the chance to be on a rocket-ship! To build software with the highest standards of silicon valley for quality, efficiency, and usability, and work with a team of outstanding players in an awesome working environment to make a real difference in good people's lives!
Read more about why being on a rocket ship is the best of your career options from Levelset's CEO here.
Are you up for the challenge?
About Levelset (formerly zlien)
Levelset helps contractors and suppliers get payment under control, and envisions a world where no one loses a night’s sleep overpayment.
Over 500,000 contractors and suppliers connect on Levelset’s cloud-based platform to make payment processes stress-free. Users easily exchange payment documents like lien waivers, pay applications, and preliminary notices, they see a complete picture of who is on their job, and are empowered with the resources and knowledge they need to be confident in payment. The results are faster payments and fewer surprises.
Levelset is venture-backed by S3 Ventures, Altos Ventures, and Brick & Mortar Ventures. Headquartered in New Orleans with offices in Austin and Cairo, Egypt, Levelset employs more than 150 people. We’re a rapidly growing team working on interesting and worthwhile problems, with a mountain of opportunity for you.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Are you ready?