Are you passionate about creating great user experiences within a product?
Is it an exciting challenge to translate product requirements into experiences that delight customers and alleviate real pain points, while driving key growth metrics? Do you enjoy exercising your creative and analytical muscles to innovate and achieve a well thought out and executed design vision?
Levelset is hiring a Senior User Experience Designer who will be instrumental in defining and shaping the future of Levelset design by driving a UX strategy across web and mobile that supports our growth strategy and provides the best customer experience possible.
If you have the right stuff to join us, you'll work among passionate professionals who are disrupting a $1 Trillion industry, in a fast-paced, rapidly growing, and professionally challenging environment. You’ll shape elegant features across products to help our users learn to better use Levelset and ensure fast and fair construction payments. You’ll manage and mentor a small team of designers to craft insanely great experiences, while championing forward-thinking and needle-moving design.
This is both a hands-on and management role, and can be based in either New Orleans, LA or Austin, TX.
- Drive user engagement across multiple product lines through user feedback, usability testing, and design best practices.
- Work in an agile environment alongside product team and business teams to implement designs.
- Collaborate with product management, product marketing, and engineering to execute against the product strategy and roadmap, and produce measurable results in support of key product metrics.
- Own the design aspect of software development executed by teams of product managers, UI designers, and engineers from initiation through delivery.
- Build strong relationships and rhythms with leaders inside and outside the product and engineering teams to champion great UX at Levelset and implement user experiences that are cohesive and well-informed.
- Gain a deep understanding of our customers and represent their needs and voice in the product development process. Facilitate brainstorms and engage cross-functional teams to promote design thinking and build a customer-centric culture within product and engineering.
- Leverage product analytics, usability studies, and other feedback mechanisms to understand customer behavior and motivations, deliver insights, and drive design decisions from those insights. Validate solutions.
- Work with product managers to review stories and functional requirements for new features and initiatives, and create deliverables including UX flows, storyboards, and wireframes that address the problem being solved and provide the best possible experience for our customers.
- Provide hands-on design assistance to your team as needed.
- 5+ years of experience in UX design and research across web and mobile applications.
- 2 years of experience in managing or leading design teams.
- Portfolio of UX-focused work samples for web and mobile applications.
- Bachelor’s Degree or above in design, human-computer interaction, computer science business management, or related field or equivalent experience.
- Skilled in creating prototypes using industry-standard design tools like Balsamiq, InVision, Axure, Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite, etc.
- Experience providing customer behavior insights to drive design decisions in a data-driven environment for B2B and/or B2C products.
- Experience facilitating design thinking workshops with cross-functional teams.
- Experience working iteratively in cross-functional, agile environments alongside a geographically diverse team.
- Outstanding communication, interpersonal, and analytical skills.
Benefits & What We Offer
- You’re going to love us.
- You’re going to be challenged.
- We care about where your career will be in 3, 5, or 10+ years, and in getting you there.
- Full paid health insurance for a high-deductible HSA plan, with options for affordable co-pay plans. Dental / Vision group plans available.
- Flexible sick & personal leave policy.
- Open vacation policy without any maximum. We do require employees to take a minimum of 5 days off in a row each year.
- Subsidized International Travel: We subsidize international travel airfare. Qualify for one subsidy every 14 months, with amount of subsidy determined by tenure (i.e. $450 in 1st year, $650 in second year, $750 in third year, $850 in fourth year, and so on).
- A fun office environment with frequent company social events.
- Equity, per company’s general stock grant plan.