Epic Sciences, Inc. is developing novel diagnostics to personalize and advance the treatment and management of cancer. Epic’s mission is to enable the rapid and non-invasive detection of genetic and molecular changes in cancer throughout a patient’s journey. The company was founded on a powerful platform to identify and characterize rare cells, including circulating tumor cells (CTCs). Our technology helps match patients to targeted therapies and monitor for drug resistance, so that the best treatment path can be chosen at every clinical decision point. Today, we partner with leading pharmaceutical companies and major cancer centers around the world. Epic’s goal is to commercialize our technology to increase the success rate of cancer drugs in clinical trials and improve patient outcomes by providing physicians real-time information to guide treatment choices.
The Laboratory Technician reports to a senior laboratory manager and is responsible for performing day to day laboratory processes and duties under direct supervision.
Education/Experience: BS in a relevant degree; 2 years of relevant experience, experience within a clinical laboratory setting a plus. Familiarity with slide-based techniques: IHC, FISH, immunofluorescence, fluorescent microscopy a plus.
Communication Skill: Communication of observations, technical findings, and progress to immediate supervisor/immediate team. Maintains accurate and detailed records of operations.
Interpersonal Skill: Works effectively in a team environment; establishes effective relationships with supervisor and team members.
Judgment: Ability to demonstrate a basic mastery of lab processes with an understanding of relevant regulations and compliance responsibilities. Works under general supervision to complete processes in accordance with appropriate regulations.
Execution: Ability to complete a variety of tasks in the lab and supporting functions; offers input regarding improving processes and outcomes. Pay close and consistent attention to detail. Able to communicate data to internal and external audiences.
- Accession patient blood samples
- Perform routine blood sample processing, immunofluorescent staining procedures, and CTC analysis for clinical trial samples
- Prepare buffers and reagents
- Perform scanning of microscope slides and acquire images
- Maintain safe and clean laboratory environment
- Must understand and demonstrate compliance with all applicable regulatory requirements
- Maintain accurate and detailed records in accordance with GLP regulations
- Troubleshoot areas related to lab procedures and CTC analysis; bring potential solutions to management
- Perform routine maintenance for laboratory equipment
- Maintain organization and dispose of slides according to retention policy
- Receive and monitor inventory of reagents and supplies
- Read, review and provide feedback for standard operating procedures as needed
- Receive and enter collaborator paperwork and store slides according to standard operating procedures
May perform additional duties as assigned or directed by management from time to time.
- Performance Orientation – Is driven by personal performance; achieves all objectives detailed in scorecards and comfortable with quantifiable assessments.
- Impact Orientation – Performs to stated objectives and driven to make an impact on company goals and patients’ lives.
- Competitive – Dedicated to a competitive spirit that supports the Epic Sciences’ goal to be the premier CTC technology in the industry.
- Sense of Urgency – Has the speed and agility dedicated to the company’s goals and performance.
- Ability to Handle Pressure and Ambiguity – Comfortable with the pressure to be the best and the ability maintain composure and focus in situations of ambiguity and uncertainty.
- Confidence - Confident in one’s skills and abilities; pursues everything with energy; demonstrates the drive and a need to finish especially in the face of resistance or setbacks.