Location: Washington, DC 20250
Hours: Full-Time, Monday- Friday
Contract Duration: 07/24/20 – 07/23/21; four option periods up to 07/23/2025
Rate: This position is for a proposal due on 7/21. Rates will be competitive.
NFS is seeking one (1), but not to exceed three (3) contractor personnel, who shall be responsible for working with Deputy Chief Office (DCO) and Business Administrative Support Service
(BASS) in the NFS in the USDA Forest Service. They shall collaborate with a top management team to develop concise methods of communication and utilize new electronic communication technology to assist the DCO and BASS in researching, drafting, editing and tracking accurate, timely responses to incoming correspondence. Personnel will also review and edit other documents processed by BASS and the DCO.
· Ability to work independently using judgement to establish priorities, resolve problems, and plan and organize work in support of the office mission;
· Works well with a team of writer/editors and able to share tasks or pick up assignments already in progress;
· Ability to organize various tasks; maintain productivity by responding to unplanned priorities; able to prioritize multiple tasks to meet many deadlines while handling frequent interruptions;
· Familiarity with clerical and administrative procedures and requirements;
· Proficiency in using laptop computers, software and apps; various word processing and/or electronic publishing programs, as well as knowledge of publishing concepts, including MS Teams, Office 365, SharePoint, and the Microsoft Office Suite (e.g. MS Word, MS PowerPoint, MS Excel).
· Interest in using these systems to increase productivity and ease of document filing and access.
· Proficient in using telephone conferencing and video-teleconferencing equipment, high volume copiers and scanners, and other office equipment and software (e.g. Adobe Connect);
· Expert knowledge of grammar, plain language, and the ability to understand complex subjects and translate the concepts into ideas that can be understood by non-subject matter experts while avoiding contradictions;
· Ability to interact professionally and tactfully with colleagues, senior leaders and the public; and,
· Ability to successfully complete the Information Security Awareness Exam required to access the USDA network.
· Experience performing the below duties
· Utilize agency specific systems, such as National Correspondence Database (Mercury)
· Draft correspondence such as: acknowledgement letters, email communications to colleagues and requesters
· Draft content for response to incoming correspondence; in collaboration with agency subject matter experts while ensuring agency tone and tenor are accurately captured
· Work with other executive assistants and administrative support staff in NFS to handle and maintain tracking systems for correspondence and reports, and to ensure DCO and directors can review and sign documents with wet signatures and in a virtual environment.
· Review correspondence, reports, and other written materials for format, grammar, punctuation, content, quality, conformance with the Government Printing Office Style
· Manual and the Office of Executive Secretariat Correspondence Manual and remove typographical errors
· Work with and advise NFS office staff on matters affecting the process and flow of information;
· Perform follow-up from the DCO regarding tracking correspondence;
· Deliver and retrieve correspondence packages to/from the various staff areas and, at times, other areas of the USDA Complex;
· Distribute and file documents and correspondence in both electronic and hard copy filing systems;
· Perform other administrative tasks including copying, mailing, filing, and as needed updating weekly spreadsheet using Microsoft excel.
· Email management – Check email in-boxes for several functional areas and direct to appropriate Agency staff, with assistance from NFS Deputy Chief office as needed.
Level One Personnel is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or other status protected by law.
Level One Personnel aggressively recruits, screens and tests applicants to ensure that only qualified candidates are provided to our clients. We pride ourselves on establishing on-going relationships with our candidates and our clients, allowing us to find the best fit for long-term career satisfaction. By matching the right person with the right job, Level One ensures a win-win situation for business clients and employees.
Level One Personnel
Why Work Here?Level One Personnel combines state-of-the-art staffing expertise and technology with personalized service to our clients. Level One Personnel services range from traditional temporary placement to partnering with companies to help them plan their long-term contingent workforce needs. As a small agency, we are able to focus our attention on our client’s specific needs and provide the absolute best candidates and customer service available in the industry. Level One Personnel aggressively recruits, screens and tests applicants to ensure that only qualified candidates are provided to our clients. We pride ourselves on establishing on-going relationships with our candidates and our clients, allowing us to find the best fit for long-term career satisfaction. By matching the right person with the right job, Level One ensures a win-win situation for business clients and employees.
We pride ourselves on establishing on-going relationships with our candidates and our clients.