Serology Medical Technologist
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Job Title: Serology Medical Technologist, Diagnostics and Countermeasures Branch
Location: Silver Spring, MD
Hours: Full-Time, 9am-4pm, 2 Saturdays a Month
Pay: $45,000 - $70,000/Yearly
MT with ASCP Certification salary: $45,000 – $70,000/year, DOE
MT without ASCP certification (and less than 1 year of experience): $45,000 - $50,000
Type of Hire: Temp to Hire
Our client is seeking a Serology Medical Technologist to support the Diagnostics and Countermeasures Branch (DCB) located at the Walter Reed Army Institute of Research (WRAIR) in Silver Spring, MD. The client provides scientific, technical and programmatic support services to DCB. This position comes with full benefits to include comprehensive health insurance, vacation leave, sick leave, floating holiday, and 11 federal holidays. This position is eligible for a compressed workweek to include 10 hour shifts four days per week to have the fifth day off.
Performs serological and immunological testing in a College of American Pathologists (CAP) accredited laboratory. Will perform standardized procedures in strict accordance with laboratory standard operating procedures (SOPs). Will be responsible for preparing and analyzing samples, operation and maintenance of state-of-art instrumentation, and ensuring adherence to all Quality Control procedures in support of clinical diagnostic and clinical research initiatives.
NOTE: As a U.S. Government contractor, all employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by December 8, 2021. Proof of vaccination or an approved religious or medical accommodation will be required.
1. Performs serological and immunological assays for HIV detection and confirmation in high throughput laboratory. Performs specimen processing and rejection in accordance with laboratory SOPs, manufacturer guidelines, and CAP/FDA regulations. Reviews/verifies all raw run data, all quality control documents, and ensures all regulatory compliance standards are met prior to submitting to Serology Team Leads or Serology Technical Supervisor for approval. (50%)
2. Performs and documents all weekly, monthly, semi-annual, annual maintenance and quality control procedures for instrumentation. Prepares quality control solutions, reagents, media, and specimens for analysis in clinical diagnostic and clinical research assays. (25%)
3. Ensures proper handling of samples in accordance with assigned SOPs including, but not limited to, proper data entry, specimen handling, storage, retrival, aliquoting and disposal of specimens. (10%)
4. Identifies problems that may affect test performance and reporting of patient results; corrects the problem and immediately notifies the Lead Techs and/or Technical Supervisor. Assists in resolving assay discrepancies, troubleshooting and completing occurrence reports. (5%)
5. Coordinates and performs the validation of new assays, equipment, and materials as required; with the Team Leads, Technical Supervisor and Quality Assurance Group. (5%)
6. Perform other duties as needed such as training folder, inventory, and compliance with all safety and quality assurance program requirements. (5%)
7. May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned or directed by the supervisor. This may include attendance of and participation in required training for role.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Excellent laboratory and technical skills. Ability to work independently once trained, excellent record keeping ability, excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Ability to identify areas for process improvement for better efficiency.
Minimum Education: Bachelor's degree required.
Minimum Experience/ Training Requirements: 0-2 years of relevant work experience required.
Required Licenses, Certification or Registration: Certified Medical Technologist by ASCP or equivalent certification preferred.
Work Environment: This position may require you to rotate Saturdays with other teammates. Set in a laboratory work environment.
This is a team environment where you will be learning new technology, participating and performing testing in innovative research studies, defined career path to include Med Tech I, II, Lead, and Supervisor to include opportunities to grow and transfer within programs to other areas such as Project Management roles for research studies, Technical Supervisor, Quality Assurance, etc.
Work Arrangement: 100% on-site.
Background/Security: Must have lived in the U.S. 3 out of the past 5 years; eligible to obtain and maintain a Tier I investigation/ Public Trust and a Common Access Card (CAC).
Employment with our client is contingent upon successful completion of a background check, which may include, but is not limited to, contacting your professional references, verification of previous employment, addresses, education, and credentials, a criminal background check, drug screening, and a department of motor vehicle (DMV) check. Any qualifications to be considered as equivalents, in lieu of stated minimums, require the prior approval of the Chief Human Resources Officer.
Level One Personnel is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or other status protected by law.
Level One Personnel aggressively recruits, screens and tests applicants to ensure that only qualified candidates are provided to our clients. We pride ourselves on establishing on-going relationships with our candidates and our clients, allowing us to find the best fit for long-term career satisfaction. By matching the right person with the right job, Level One ensures a win-win situation for business clients and employees.
Level One PersonnelWhy Work Here?
We pride ourselves on establishing ongoing relationships with our candidates and our clients.
Level One Personnel combines state-of-the-art staffing expertise and technology with personalized service to our clients. Level One Personnel services range from traditional temporary placement to partnering with companies to help them plan their long-term contingent workforce needs. As a small agency, we are able to focus our attention on our client’s specific needs and provide the absolute best candidates and customer service available in the industry. Level One Personnel aggressively recruits, screens and tests applicants to ensure that only qualified candidates are provided to our clients. We pride ourselves on establishing on-going relationships with our candidates and our clients, allowing us to find the best fit for long-term career satisfaction. By matching the right person with the right job, Level One ensures a win-win situation for business clients and employees.
AddressSilver Spring, MD