School Speech Language Pathologist
- $53 to $58 Hourly
- Vision , Medical , Dental , Retirement
Speech Language Pathologist
Hours: F/T, Monday-Friday, 7 hour work days, lunch not included
Location: Baltimore City/County, MD
REPORTS TO: Principal, Supervisor Related Services, and SLP Team Leader
PURPOSE: To provide outstanding therapeutic intervention and assessment, and to serve as a valuable member of the school team.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES:
• Communicate effectively with students, parents, administrators, and supervisory staff in oral and written form.
• Provide consultation to the school staff and families regarding speech-language development and its connection to the curriculum.
• Participate in school-based teams for students with speech-language needs.
• Demonstrate competency in the use of formal and informal assessment tools.
• Identify students appropriate for speech and language services based on individual needs and prescribed guidelines.
• Complete oral and written reports in a clear and concise manner using recommended formats and timelines (i.e. assessment reports, quarterly progress reports, etc.).
• Develop and implement appropriate goals for IEPs, IFSPs, and Service Plans that are directly related to students’ documented needs.
• Implement research-based intervention techniques, differentiated instructional strategies, and assistive technology to meet students’ needs and learning styles.
• Maintain accurate speech-language student records and therapy logs with relevant data to document student progress.
• Complete Third Party billing accurately within the mandated timelines.
• Participate in ongoing professional development related to the field.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Education, Training and Experience:
• Possession of a master’s degree in the field of Speech-Language Pathology.
• License and Certificate Requirements:
o Possession of a Speech-Language Pathology License from the Maryland Department of Health and Mental Hygiene (DHMH) required.
• Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Knowledge of the principles and practices of speech-language pathology.
• Knowledge of principles and practices of special education.
• Knowledge of assistive technology.
• Strong human relations skills and the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
• Strong oral and written communications skills.
• Strong organization skills.
• Skill in the use of word processing, database, spreadsheet, and email software packages.
• Ability to appropriately maintain confidential information.
PHYSICAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS:
The work of this class is generally performed in school, community setting, and office environments. Work includes the operation of office equipment, including personal computers, assistive technology and occasional limited physical activities. Requires independent travel to school, community settings, and offices throughout the county.
Level One Personnel is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or other status protected by law.
Level One Personnel aggressively recruits, screens and tests applicants to ensure that only qualified candidates are provided to our clients. We pride ourselves on establishing on-going relationships with our candidates and our clients, allowing us to find the best fit for long-term career satisfaction. By matching the right person with the right job, Level One ensures a win-win situation for business clients and employees.
We pride ourselves on establishing ongoing relationships with our candidates and our clients.
Level One Personnel combines state-of-the-art staffing expertise and technology with personalized service to our clients. Level One Personnel services range from traditional temporary placement to partnering with companies to help them plan their long-term contingent workforce needs. As a small agency, we are able to focus our attention on our client’s specific needs and provide the absolute best candidates and customer service available in the industry. Level One Personnel aggressively recruits, screens and tests applicants to ensure that only qualified candidates are provided to our clients. We pride ourselves on establishing on-going relationships with our candidates and our clients, allowing us to find the best fit for long-term career satisfaction. By matching the right person with the right job, Level One ensures a win-win situation for business clients and employees.
Level One PersonnelBaltimore County, MD
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.