Job Title: Recruiter I
Location: Bethesda, MD
Hours: Full time 40 hours/week M-F
Pay: $22.00/hr. or dependent on experience
Type of hire: Temp with the potential to become perm.
Our client is seeking a Recruiter 1 to support the Human Resources Department located at Headquarters in Bethesda, MD.
- Identify and screen qualified candidates for employment opportunities.
- This includes supporting positions ranging from Lab Intern to Scientific Director for positions local to the DC Metro area, sites around the US, and around the world.
- Build applicant sources by researching and contacting community services, colleges, employment agencies, recruiters, social media venues, and internet sites; providing organization information, opportunities, and benefits; maintaining rapport.
- Proactively recruit/headhunt candidates from job sites and networking.
- Determine applicant qualifications by screening applicants; analyzing responses; verifying references; comparing qualifications to job requirements.
- Build a pipeline of candidates for potential opportunities with HJF across several geographic regions.
- Sourcing from various venues to include LinkedIn, University boards, Social Media (Twitter, Facebook, Handshake, etc) in addition to University forums and list servs.
- Conduct Reference Checks for candidates as required.
- Coordinate in person, video and phone interviews with hiring managers and program managers. Input data into Peoplesoft. Send confirmation emails to candidate and interview panel.
- Screen resumes from Peoplesoft and from our Talent Network in Talemetry.
- Answer recruiting hotline with candidate recruiting inquiries, questions regarding candidate job search, and conducts brief screens with potential candidates; input notes into Talemetry.
- Send/discuss benefits to candidates who have been screened and are selected to interview (alongside interview confirmation).
- Assist with New Employee Workshop, an orientation program designed to meet and greet with new hires.
- Provide back up support for Recruiting Coordinator including entering requisitions into Peoplesoft, creating offer letters and welcome emails, verifications for medical credentialing and answering inquiries from Recruiting mailbox.
- Utilize Microsoft Word to submit screens and references, Microsoft Excel for recruiting data management, PowerPoint for presentation creation, Peoplesoft/UltiPro for administrative recruiting functions, Talemetry for candidate management, Zoom and Skype for Business for Video Interviews, other software as required.
- Serve as back up to other Recruiter 1s as required.
- Additional ad hoc projects as required.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: Strong organizational and tracking skills, strong written and verbal communication, strong attention to detail, ability to collaborate in a team environment, initiative and self-motivated. Basic Word and strong Excel proficiency. Experienced with Outlook calendar. Ability to work in a high volume fast paced environment. Ability to evaluate the professional attitude and technical competencies of candidates. Must be deadline driven with an ability to prioritize. Previous experience with Video software (Zoom, Skype, etc), scientific or medical recruiting experience preferred, and UltiPro experience a strong plus.
Minimum Education/Training Requirements: Bachelor’s degree
Minimum Experience: 1 to 2 years’ experience in recruitment; preferably within healthcare, staffing, government contracting, or scientific setting.
Physical Capabilities: Long periods of sitting at a computer
Work Environment: Office environment.
Any qualifications to be considered as equivalents, in lieu of stated minimums, require the prior approval of the Chief Human Resources Officer.
Level One Personnel is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex,
Level One Personnel aggressively recruits, screens and tests applicants to ensure that only qualified candidates are provided to our clients. We pride ourselves on establishing on-going relationships with our candidates and our clients, allowing us to find the best fit for long-term career satisfaction. By matching the right person with the right job, Level One ensures a win-win situation for business clients and employees.