Job Title: Certified Pharmacy Technician
Location: Bethesda, MD, El Paso, TX, and Portsmouth, VA
Hours: Full time- 40 hours per week
Pay: $20 - $22/hour
Type of hire: Temp – 8 weeks
Our client is seeking a Pharmacy Technician (COVID-19) to support the Infectious Disease Clinical Research Program (IDCRP). Our client provides scientific, technical and programmatic support services IDCRP. U.S. citizenship required.
The incumbent will provide technical support related to preparation of investigational medications for clinical research studies and to provide administrative assistance to the Research Pharmacist, Principal Investigator(s) and the research team in the implementation of clinical research study. Handles investigational agents for research study.
1. Obtains and/or collects research specimens from the hospital and brings them to the study lab. Labels, processes, analyzes, stores, packages, and ships specimens per protocol. Maintains appropriate specimen records per protocol and lab SOPs.
2. Ensures that safety guidelines are always followed. Practices safe work habits, including complying with all safety, health, and environmental rules and regulations. Organizes and stores all chemicals substances, fluids and compressed gases according to safety instructions.
3. Performs quality control and calibrates equipment if necessary. Maintains equipment and a clean and orderly work environment. Assists in ordering laboratory supplies.
4. Performs routine and non-routine tests and analyses using the appropriate technical equipment and instruments.
5. Maintaining study documentations and investigational product accountability.
6. Designs and executes laboratory testing. Records observations in accordance with good practice quality guidelines and regulations (GxP), Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), and protocol requirements. Complies with laboratory quality assurance and quality control (QA/QC) plans and procedures.
7. Maintaining clear communication with Research Pharmacist(s), Principal Investigator, and Clinical Research Coordinators.
8. Review and prepare orders for sterile products, utilizing sterile technique and maintaining infection control procedures.
9. Make necessary calculations and adjustments to obtain different concentration of a medication and determine the volume necessary to compound intravenous medications.
10. Perform other inpatient pharmacy duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Must obtain security clearance for “study site” and computer access, have/obtain required immunizations/titers, and BLS. Must have a minimum of 12 months experience in inpatient pharmacy in the preceding 36 months.
Certification: Certified Pharmacy Technician (CPhT) certification preferred.
Minimum Education: High School Degree required. Associate Degree or Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
Minimum Experience/ Training Requirements: 0-2 years of relevant work experience required.
Work Environment: Set in a clinical research environment. Occasional evening or weekend if required for participant research activities
Background/Security: U.S. citizenship required; eligible to obtain and maintain a Tier III Investigation/ Secret Clearance and Common Access Card (CAC).
Employment with our client is contingent upon successful completion of a background check, which may include, but is not limited to, contacting your professional references, verification of previous employment, addresses, education, and credentials, a criminal background check, drug screening, and a department of motor vehicle (DMV) check.
Any qualifications to be considered as equivalents, in lieu of stated minimums, require the prior approval of the Chief Human Resources Officer.
Level One Personnel is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or other status protected by law.
Level One Personnel aggressively recruits, screens and tests applicants to ensure that only qualified candidates are provided to our clients. We pride ourselves on establishing on-going relationships with our candidates and our clients, allowing us to find the best fit for long-term career satisfaction. By matching the right person with the right job, Level One ensures a win-win situation for business clients and employees.
Level One Personnel
Why Work Here?Level One Personnel combines state-of-the-art staffing expertise and technology with personalized service to our clients. Level One Personnel services range from traditional temporary placement to partnering with companies to help them plan their long-term contingent workforce needs. As a small agency, we are able to focus our attention on our client’s specific needs and provide the absolute best candidates and customer service available in the industry. Level One Personnel aggressively recruits, screens and tests applicants to ensure that only qualified candidates are provided to our clients. We pride ourselves on establishing on-going relationships with our candidates and our clients, allowing us to find the best fit for long-term career satisfaction. By matching the right person with the right job, Level One ensures a win-win situation for business clients and employees.
We pride ourselves on establishing on-going relationships with our candidates and our clients.