Senior Project Architect
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
JOB TITLE: Senior Project Architect SECONDARY TITLE: Architect II (AIA)
CLASSIFICATION: N/A FLSA Status: EXEMPT (Full Time Salaried)
DIVISION: Level Architecture + Interiors
SUMMARY OF POSITION ROLE/RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Senior Project Architect is responsible for the research, planning, design, and administration of building projects for clients. Functioning often as a team leader, the Senior Project Architect will consult with clients and coordinate with the design team to ensure the timely and profitable completion of all projects. A college degree, architect licensure in the state of Florida, and applicable experience are required for this position.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: (Other duties may be assigned)
Design and Development
- Creates architectural assignments after receiving general instructions and project scope from the Director of Architecture and client
- Consults with client to determine functional and spatial requirements of new structure or renovation, and prepare information regarding design, specifications, materials, colors, equipment, estimated costs, and construction time
- Develops project designs and plans using computer-assisted design software and equipment
- Plans layouts of projects and integrates engineering elements into a unified design for client review and approval
- Directs activities of a team engaged in design and preparation of drawings
- Prepares constructible and permit-ready drawings for clients and building contractors
- Actively seeks new design and construction methods
- Leads production of Schematic Design, Design Development, and Construction Document phases; oversees construction phases of project
- Supervises and coordinates with project team and individuals assigned to marketing, client communication, drafting and production, and construction management
- Represents client in obtaining bids and awarding construction contracts
- Produces construction documents including written specifications in alignment with code
- Coordinates and maintains project schedules; runs job meetings ensuring all tasks are assigned and completed
- Meets with clients, coordinates with consultants; meets and maintains relationships with suppliers/vendors
- Administers construction contracts and conducts periodic on-site observation of work during construction
- Reviews documents for quality control evaluations
- Ensures close-out documentation and project archives are completed
Received: The Director of Architecture will provide general supervision and specify goals and areas of special concentration. The incumbent will act independently and make autonomous decisions under the context of broad, clearly defined goals and objectives in the performance of the duties. The incumbent will provide reports and updates on projects as requested. Progress will be evaluated periodically, in addition to annual review.
Exercised: The incumbent will be responsible for day to day supervision of project teams.
EDUCATION, TRAINING, AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor or Master's Degree in Architecture from an accredited university/college and 8+ year's relevant experience with demonstrated expertise; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Professional architect registration in the USA
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Master's Degree in Architecture and Professional Architect Registration in Florida
- LEED AP Designation
- 12+ years progressive experience in commercial architectural design and construction and project management
- Computer Skills and Architectural Software Expertise: AutoCAD, Sketchup, Revit/BIM required (training provided), Photoshop and Microsoft Office suite
- Competencies for success:
- Demonstrated business acumen; demonstrated knowledge of market and competition, aligning work with goals, in-depth understanding of basics of building systems
- Stakeholder Focus; Team focused approach with customer satisfaction driven attitude
- Planning/ Organization; Strong project management and execution skills
- Fiscal acumen with experience effectively administering a budget
- Strategic and Critical Thinking; adapting strategy to changing conditions
- Leadership; Initiative, responsibility, flexibility, coaching and mentorship
- Consultative Selling; Building rapport and establishing trust, acquiring new business, applying market knowledge
- Innovation; displays original thinking and creativity
- Quality and Quantity; demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness while meeting productivity standards
[The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.]
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to use hands, talk or hear; is frequently required to stand, walk; occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
Position may require occasional after-hours work. Occasional travel may be required.*
*Business expenses are covered by a company credit card or reimbursed through a standard accounting system.
Level Architecture + Interiors
Get fresh Architect jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.