The Accounts Payable Representative works with managers, buyers, inventory, and the accounts payable team members and systems to assure accurate payment of obligations and make suggestions for system and procedure improvements. This person also makes certain that vendors who qualify for 1099 reporting are sent letters and ID numbers that are in the AP master file.
Day to Day/Outcomes
- Keep the corporate philosophy as it applies to Accounts Payables that is make sure invoices entered are approved for payment
- Review and enter trade, freight and expense reimbursements, insurance, legal invoices, fixed asset, advertising and other expense invoices received for payment
- Obtain approval and coding for payments entered
- Field incoming phone calls and e-mails regarding invoice payments
- Interact with clients, vendors and other individuals as needed
- Answer questions and provide back-up research as necessary
- Must assist in the preparation of weekly check runs
- Understand AP software and procedures
- Report problems and need for improvements to the AP Manager
- Provide assistance to other coordinators with vendor and / or approval problems
- Scan documentation and/or move filing to file room, file employee expense checks and backup
- Sort mail
- The Timely payment of expenses by posting invoices within 7 business days
- Accurate invoice processing including correct amounts and GL coding while follow the Expense Invoice Policy
- Department efficiencies by being familiar with Microsoft Access and Excel
- Superior Customer service by returning all calls and emails by end of business day
- Bills processed for payment in a timely manner by following up with necessary internal parties when items need additional approval
Company Mission Statement; We are committed to being the world-class authority in pool and spa care, supported by our dedication to offer the best value across all channels and the highest quality of customer service, delivered through knowledge, integrity and friendliness.
Leslie’s Core Tenants; Passion for Sales Growth, Superior Customer Service, Operational Excellence, A Great Place to Work, Value-Centric and Continuous Improvement.
We offer our employees competitive compensation, extensive paid training, comprehensive and flexible suite of benefits package, 401K with company match, team member discounts, rewards for top performers, and most importantly career advancement opportunities.
Leslie’s is committed to infusing diversity into the workplace and providing opportunity to our military veterans and their families. Having a diverse and experienced team fuels innovation and creativity. We promote an expansive environment that supports differing perspectives, thoughts, ideas, cultures, and ways of life. Leslie’s is an equal opportunity employer.