Human Resources Generalist
Les Olson Company Salt Lake City, UT
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Human Resources team is essential to the success and retention of our personnel. This role provides assistance in human resources management including benefits, compensation, recruitment, employment, learning and development, human resources information systems, and employee relations.
The HR Generalist works collaboratively to design, develop, and administer impactful learning experiences, programs, and materials to help support and increase overall business results and employee engagement. They will also assist in a variety of human resources functions such as filing, compliance, recruiting, diversity and inclusion, and other programs to enhance the unique cultures of Les Olson Company.
You know what it takes to keep world class facilities running. You work carefully and efficiently, know employment laws, and you take pride in the quality of everything you touch. You are an expert problem solver, and you want to be involved in purposeful work with legacy efficacy.
You are committed to supporting your team by ensuring clear communication. Your eye for process improvement and commitment to quality control ensures you do not perform at status quo. You push your team and the company to new heights.
About Les Olson Company
Les Olson Company is a family-owned and independently operated business with nine locations, serving the entire State of Utah, Las Vegas, Nevada, and Southwestern Wyoming. Since 1956, we've been providing businesses with the technology they need to enhance operational efficiency to do more in less time. Over the past 60 years, technology has changed, but our commitment to our customers remains the same to offer only the highest-quality products, to provide the best customer service possible, and to give back to our community.
- Employee Experience
- Work with the HR team to assist with all people-related questions and ensure a true hands-on approach to achieve a high level of employee engagement.
- Infuse cultural values throughout the organization and best workforce practices in collaboration with department leaders.
- Manage effective communication to keep employees informed and up to date.
- Assist in the development of employees' skills, career satisfaction, and the company's culture, in order to increase productivity and drive the company towards greater success.
- Help administer employee benefits programs such as medical, dental, & vision plans, worker's compensation plans, and wellness programs. This includes conducting annual open enrollment, ACA related reporting, benefit orientations for new staff & maintaining strong relationships with vendors.
- Assist in managing the full cycle recruitment process including posting, sourcing, screening, scheduling, interviewing, negotiating offers, processing background checks, and marketing culture.
- Develop strategic plans for sourcing candidates with diverse backgrounds for each of the company's roles.
- Assist in creating and updating job descriptions. Track and analyze metrics and report on hiring progress on a regular cadence.
- Assist in planning and running employee events.
- Assist in managing all onboarding documentation including filing and I-9/E-Verify process.
- Talent Management
- Help identify skill gaps and employee career development needs in order to provide appropriate coaching and training.
- Assist in employee investigations and make resolution recommendations to include ethics complaints, unemployment compensation claims, disciplinary issues, performance management issues, EEOC complaints, and other compliance related issues.
- Other Responsibilities
- Work closely with the HR & leadership team to develop and implement various HR initiatives to support, protect, and grow the organization.
- Assist with administrative tasks such as filing, ordering office supplies, and managing outgoing mail.
- Understand business goals in order to recommend, create, and develop new policies and procedures to continually improve the efficiency of operations in the company. Roll out updates to all staff.
- HRIS software maintenance.
- Design and monitor key metrics to evaluate the effectiveness of both the Front and Vertical Solutions HR practices.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business, or another relevant field; Graduate degree preferred.
- Minimum of 2-5 years human resource experience
- Excellent communication skills, including written, verbal and presentation.
- Strong experience in Utah and or Nevada employment law, ADA and FLSA specific
- Ability to work on all levels such as repetitive administrative tasks as well as high-level strategic tasks.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to deal with sensitive employment issues professionally and compassionately.
- Must be proactive, a team player with a sense of humor, and someone who is adaptable and comfortable with change, ambiguity, and working independently.
- Proficient in MS Office 365 products.
- Well-developed time management skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Ability to work autonomously and be proactive.
- Exceptional level of attention to details.
- High level of confidentiality and discretion.
- Payroll processing experience strongly preferred but not required.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Must take pride in and maintain integrity in their work.
- Be able to collaborate and innovate as a means to create exceptional value for our members, our company, and ourselves.
Job Type: Full-time
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Dental insurance
- Sick time
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- 8:00 am to 5:00pm
- Monday to Friday
- Bachelor's (Required)
- Human Resources: 2-5 years
- Employment & labor law: 3 years
- Recruitment: 3 years
Please check out our website: https://lesolson.com
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Les Olson Company
AddressSalt Lake City, UT
BusinessView all jobs at Les Olson Company