USA division of a growing LED lighting company is seeking an experienced Product Manager responsible for LED lighting products. These products will serve the commercial outdoor and street light markets in North American. This position will be located in San Jose, CA and will report to the Marketing Director.
- Managing product line life cycle including: strategic planning of new / improved products, managing existing product lines and planning end-of-life strategies.
- Ongoing product line marketing maintenance to assure that product features, pricing and promotional activities are all appropriate to the market in order to maximize operating profit.
- Specifying market requirements for current and future products by conducting market research supported by on-going visits to customers and strategic partners.
- Coordinating product development activities with Taiwan product engineering team.
- Analysis of competitive products and communication of product positioning relative to competition.
- Analysis of cost and market price levels to guide pricing strategy.
- Coordination with marketing communications team for website presence, trade show activity, and the creation and maintenance of collateral materials including brochures, application guides, case studies, data sheets, and price sheets.
- 5+ years sales and or marketing experience in the commercial/industrial LED lighting industry utilizing a lighting sales representative distribution channel.
- Demonstrated ability to translate business requirements into product development plans.
- Basics of LED lighting knowledge and experience working with photometry.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Excellent written and oral English communication skills.
- Sales and or marketing experience in the outdoor or roadway LED lighting industry
- Experience in LED lighting sales and marketing to commercial lighting channels, governments and electrical utilities.
- Bilingual in Mandarin Chinese and English.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Marketing
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- MBA or professional development in business education
- LED technology experience
- Experience with outdoor lighting controls
- Collaboration Skills
- Communication Proficiency
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.