Human Resources Generalist
Leading the LED Industry Since 1992
Leotek Electronics USA LLC., located in California's Silicon Valley since 1997, and celebrating over twenty years as an LED lighting manufacturer, is globally recognized as a pioneer in light-emitting diode technology. With millions of LED products installed worldwide, Leotek offers a substantial history of proven performance. The company manufactures innovative LED lighting products for applications encompassing traffic and transit; street and area; petroleum, convenience, grocery and retail stores.
Leotek is committed to developing emerging solid-state technology that offers greater longevity and environmental viability than traditional lighting sources, while reducing energy consumption and maintenance costs. In 2007, Leotek was acquired by Lite-On Group, a multi-billion-dollar electronics manufacturing conglomerate.
Location: San Jose, CA.
Department: Human Resources
Summary of Responsibilities:
Primary work on talent acquisition and learning and development area, the job holder is responsible for full spectrum of recruitment and selection process. He/she is focus on the learning and development program and the employer branding program. The incumbent is also responsible for the employee relations case.
- Responsible for full cycle of talent acquisition, from engaging with the hiring manager of the job understanding, posting advertisement in the appropriate means, screening resumes, interviewing, preparing on boarding process and conducting new hire orientation.
- Works with hiring manager to document requirements of job openings as required opening requisition(s), e.g. job description, manpower requisition and employment report
- Responsible for payroll processing, payroll reconciliation, staff cost charging, monthly benefit billing and benefit administration
- Manage employer relations function
- Determines appropriate recruiting sources for advertising, posting positions, pro-actively approach the potential candidate via job board or social media
- Manage pre-employment administrative processes, coordinate phone screen and in person interview, background checks, I-9 and E-verify
- Negotiates and/or supports hiring manager in developing new hire compensation package/offers.
- Conduct employment background check.
- Develops and administers recruiting programs and career development programs, including internship program and campus recruitment
- Promotes and develop employer branding to candidates and external service providers
- Conducts research and analyzes data on assigned projects
- Responsible for learning and development programs and succession planning program
- Handle employee relations case or any employee grievance and compliant
- Any other projects or tasks assigned by supervisor or managers
Other Job Requirement:
- May counsel employees concerning work-related problems and conduct termination interviews, providing feedback to management when necessary.
- Support EEOC case, internal and external audit
- Support learning and development program, e.g. company-wide training
- Support FMLA, CFRA, PFL and any type of LOA application
- Support any other administrative work when assigned
Required Education and Experience:
- 4-year college degree plus minimum 6 years HR experience related skills, knowledge, and experience for each job level.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
- PHR- CA / SHRM – CP certification preferred not required
- Prior experience with ADP workforcenow is preferred
- Supervisory skill is preferred but not a must
- Bilingual in Mandarin and English is preferred but not a must
- Lighting or LED technology experience
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Familiar with Federal and CA Employment and Labor laws and regulations
- Medium or advance level of proficiency in ADP, MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to multi-task, has analytical skills with attention to details and a high level of accuracy
- Ability to perform data and information analysis and draw logical conclusion
- Ability to use available resources to find solutions or answers
- Ability to be pro-active and always follow through
- Ability to work confidently in a rapidly changing, fast-paced and results-oriented corporate environment where a high degree of flexibility is required
- Excellent listening skills with ability to keep confidentiality
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to effectively: self-motivate, team motivate, effective communicate both verbally and in writing, properly evaluate and meticulous handle information, maintain high ethical standards, problem-solve, interact calmly and professionally with others, lead others, demonstrate a positive winning attitude, create solid working relationships across the organization, display a customer service can-do attitude, timely report and observe all policies and laws.
- Communicate effectively as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
- Effective use of logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, or approaches to problems.
This position may have supervisory responsibilities.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position with primary work on computer, visiting customers, and managing a distribution network.
Leotek Electronics USA LLC has work environment that promotes diversity, equal opportunity, embraces change, and provides leadership opportunities to its talents.
If you are looking to make a move and are highly motivated professional who welcomes new challenges, take a look at our career page by visiting www.leotek.com .