Chief Financial Officer
- Posted: over a month ago
As a member of the executive leadership team, the Chief Financial Officer has primary responsibility for the planning, implementation, and management of all financial activities of the Company. (S)He will translate financial strategies into tactical plans, reporting requirements, processes, and procedures; direct the preparation of current financial reports and summaries, financial forecasts and financial budgets/Five Year Business Plans.
- Provides leadership and direction to the controller, accounting, budget preparation, and audit functions.
- Advises and makes recommendations to other department heads to ensure that financial and strategic goals are attained.
Duties and Responsibilities
Note: This job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with this position. Management reserves the right to modify, add or remove duties as necessary.
- Leads the business and operational financial reporting and forecasting processes for a rapidly growing and dynamic business
- Supports timely decision-making and facilitate industry-leading financial execution and performance
- Develops and monitors financial objectives and Key Performance Indicators
- Leads development of financial forecasting, models, and analyses to support strategic initiatives
- and critical financial decisions as well as to project financial results of key business initiatives
- Coordinates within the finance department on the development of control systems, tools, and
- reporting to enhance stewardship over operational results
- Develops and implements tactics for achieving long-term plans and objectives for the finance
- Oversees and drives effective and efficient planning processes for the formulation, review, and
- communicates the division’s rolling five-year strategic financial plan and annual budget
- Provides leadership, development, mentoring, coaching, and management of highly skilled
motivated teams of individuals in the above activities; continuously recruit top-tier talent
- Develops and oversees the Company’s financial planning and policy implementation; accounting and reporting processes and procedures; and makes recommendations to improve current methods.
- Advises the President and CEO and Executive Team on coordinating and establishing priorities for the business planning process.
- Directs the preparation of all financial statements, including income statements, balance sheets, shareholder reports, tax returns, and governmental agency reports.
- Compares sales and profit projections to actual figures, and budgeted expenses to actual expenses; makes or oversees any necessary adjustments to future projections and budgets.
- Tracks and ensures cash flow is appropriate and sustainable.
- Analyzes operations to identify areas in need of reorganization, downsizing, or elimination.
- Studies long-range economic trends and projects their impact on future growth in sales and market share.
- Identifies opportunities for expansion into new product areas.
- Serves as Treasurer on the Company’s Board.
- Coordinates insurance programs with the Company’s shareholder.
- Strong working knowledge of the Defense Electronics business preferably with a focus on radar, electronic warfare, and lasers.
- Excellent management and supervisory skills.
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills.
- Proficient in database and accounting computer application systems.
- Experience with Corporate Governance.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to communicate at all levels of the organization.
Education and Experience
- Master’s degree in Business Administration, Accounting, or Finance required (or equivalent combination of education, training and experience).
- Eight to fifteen years of progressive experience in financial management required.
- Certified Public Accountant designation preferred.
- Demonstrated hands-on experience with U.S. Government contracting, accounting, and accounting system requirements preferred.
Additional Desired Skills
- Strong leadership skills and demonstrated ability to support mentoring and development of Finance Department employees.
- Standard office environment
- Regular domestic and international travel (25% or less)
- Must have US Secret Security Clearance or ability to obtain such clearance
Leonardo Electronics US Inc
Finance and Insurance
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?