Apply now Senior Director Quality Location:
Milwaukee, WI, US, 53216
Job ID: 100237
The Leonardo DRS Naval Power Systems business is a trusted provider of innovative naval gas and hybrid power systems, control technology and support solutions for the U.S. Navy and navies around the world.Job Summary
As a key member of the executive staff reporting to the Milwaukee Site Lead, the Director of Quality will provide overall leadership to the site's quality organization (quality systems, quality assurance, and continuous improvement). With overall responsibility for a current staff of quality management professionals, quality engineers and quality inspectors, this person will be accountable for establishing a culture of innovation within the Quality organization, championing the deployment of superior processes and ensuring the delivery of continuously improving value and compliance to customers and stakeholders. In addition, this individual will define and track performance metrics, direct all quality systems/operations and manage utilization of equipment, facilities, and personnel to obtain maximum efficiency and meet performance objectives.Job Responsibilities
- Establish a culture of innovation within the Quality organization, championing the deployment of superior processes in lieu of traditional inspection activities and ensuring the delivery of continuously improving value and compliance to customers and the business unit
- Direct all quality systems/operations
- Manage utilization of equipment, facilities, and personnel to obtain maximum efficiency and meet performance objectives
- Control significant quality projects
- Maintain authority over budget and scheduling
- Usually the top quality management position and may report directly to the top executive
- Perform all assigned duties in compliance with internal SOPs and external regulations
- Responsible for department compliance with all internal SOPs and external regulations
- Bring all compliance issues to the attention of management
- Direct, monitor, and appraise the performance of staff, identifies training and educational needs and initiates development of staff
- Recommend and/or approve all salary and staffing changes
- Lead the development and implementation of the Quality Assurance program for the company to meet the directives of regulatory agencies and standards such as ISO
- Monitor the regulatory compliance of the company with respect to current regulations, any inspection findings, and adherence to the Company's QA program
- Advise the VP/GM and the responsible head of the company's compliance status and system-wide implications of any findings
- Oversee the creation and maintenance of internal communication programs and processes to ensure both management's and company's awareness of compliance issues, activities, and federal, state and local regulatory activities that affect technical and quality compliance
- Develop monitoring processes (e.g., trending and tracking of errors, inspection findings, and internal audit results) to review and analyze data to determine if modifications or additions to the current QA program are necessary and creates recommendations to ensure organizational compliance
- Identify systematic problems and coordinate corrective actions, systems or process changes that will resolve problems and improve operations
- Develop measurement systems based on quality assessment tools and practices, and manage the data
- Coordinate organizational efforts for ISO 9000 standard compliance achievement (and other relevant standards)
- Institute quality management processes for the company through technical training and education programs and materials
- Identify quality programs and processes and operating systems for center implementation
- Monitor the Quality Plan to ensure system-wide compliance and notifies the VP/GM of any deviations
- Develop, recommend and carry out operating and capital expenditure budgets for QA
- Support, communicate, reinforce and defend the mission, values and culture of the organization
- Assist in the development and approval of the Standard Operating procedures (SOP)
Successful candidates will possess a Bachelor's degree in engineering (Masters preferred), strong background in quality systems and continuous improvement skills with a minimum of 15 years of leadership experience. Specifically, qualified candidates will have defense industry experience (either as a prime or subcontractor) leading ISO 9001 and/or Navy & Commercial Nuclear Quality systems. Individuals who have Navy Nuclear experience, shipyard experience (production, test, evaluation and quality) and Naval Quality Experience (civilian or military) are preferred.
- Proven track record in driving root cause analysis of complex problems and corrective action implementation
- Proven ability to form, develop and lead high performance subordinate teams-this assumes the ability to effectively align people, purpose and process
- Demonstrated success in meeting/exceeding customer quality metrics
- Ability to think strategically while energizing & aligning people to achieve his/her vision for DRS Milwaukee quality-this includes the ability to effectively partner with internal functional leaders (e.g., operations, program management, finance, etc.) toward the achievement of common goals.
- Ability to effectively communicate and present information to employees, top management, and customer management, including high stakes, high visibility situations
- Proven ability to work effectively with customers, executive management, and employees to achieve outstanding results
- A certification in ASQ and Six Sigma Black Belt is a distinct advantage.
Leonardo DRS, Inc. and its subsidiaries and affiliates are equal opportunity employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.Our Mission
To build shareholder value through a commitment to high ethical standards and a superior performance culture focused on customers, employees, financial results and corporate citizenship.Our Vision
To be the leading mid-tier defense technology company in the U.S.Our Values
Our employees appreciate a culture of open honest communications, and fair and equitable treatment. We accomplish through:
INTEGRITY. At Leonardo DRS ethics and accountability always comes first.
QUALITY. We set high standards of performance, and consistently deliver excellent products and services.
CUSTOMER FOCUS. We go above and beyond to meet customer needs, and work to create long-term relationships with our customers.
DIVERSITY. We embrace different points of view, and continually foster an environment that enable all participants to contribute to their full potential.
INNOVATION. At Leonardo DRS, innovation is in our DNA. We have built this company through the innovative ideas of our employees and continue to foster an environment that rewards new ideas to help our government and military customers save lives, solve critical problems and modernize to ensure mission success for years to come.
Leonardo DRS, Inc. is committed
to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued. We are committed to building a workplace where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. At Leonardo DRS, we believe that a diverse and inclusive environment makes us a stronger Company. We embrace different points of view, respect one another in the workplace, and understand that an inclusive environment furthers creativity, innovation, and business performance.
For additional information on Leonardo DRS, please visit our website at www.leonardodrs.com
Nearest Major Market: Milwaukee