Apply now Inspector 1 Location:
Milwaukee, WI, US, 53216
Job ID: 99804
The Leonardo DRS Naval Power Systems business is a trusted provider of innovative naval gas and hybrid power systems, control technology and support solutions for the U.S. Navy and navies around the world.Job Summary
Performs inspection activities to assess conformance of products to the design as defined by the engineering drawings and/or models.Job Responsibilities
- Inspect to verify dimensions, including tolerances delineated on the drawing, adequate process control with procedures, standards, shop practices and workmanship including finish, tightness, burrs, cleanliness, and general appearance
- Follow and adhere to inspection procedures
- Solder, weld, coating inspection
- Maintain accurate files and records
- Generate required reports
- High school diploma or equivalent plus one year of experience with measurement and inspection techniques
- Demonstrate proficiency in the following skills and tasks: blueprint reading, bus assembly, calibration, crimping/lugging, digital library, drawing revision, non-conformance process, solder sleeves, torque, wire harness assemblies, wiring
- Able to use all related inspection/metrology equipment
- Understand units of measurement and conversions
- Understand specifications, industry standards, and requirements of traceability
- Able to use and interpret drawing requirements
- Able to use surface plate layouts
- Able to read and interpret geometric tolerances, weld markings and specifications
- Able to read and interpret concept of sample size per lots
- Must be a US Citizen
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds frequently
- Walking, lifting, bending, stooping, crouching, climbing, pushing, pulling, reaching, and kneeling
- Specific vision abilities required by this job require frequent use of a computer monitor
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
To build shareholder value through a commitment to high ethical standards and a superior performance culture focused on customers, employees, financial results and corporate citizenship.Our Vision
To be the leading mid-tier defense technology company in the U.S.Our Values
Our employees appreciate a culture of open honest communications, and fair and equitable treatment. We accomplish through:
INTEGRITY. At Leonardo DRS ethics and accountability always comes first.
QUALITY. We set high standards of performance, and consistently deliver excellent products and services.
CUSTOMER FOCUS. We go above and beyond to meet customer needs, and work to create long-term relationships with our customers.
DIVERSITY. We embrace different points of view, and continually foster an environment that enable all participants to contribute to their full potential.
INNOVATION. At Leonardo DRS, innovation is in our DNA. We have built this company through the innovative ideas of our employees and continue to foster an environment that rewards new ideas to help our government and military customers save lives, solve critical problems and modernize to ensure mission success for years to come.
Leonardo DRS, Inc. is committed
to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued. We are committed to building a workplace where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. At Leonardo DRS, we believe that a diverse and inclusive environment makes us a stronger Company. We embrace different points of view, respect one another in the workplace, and understand that an inclusive environment furthers creativity, innovation, and business performance.
For additional information on Leonardo DRS, please visit our website at www.leonardodrs.com
Nearest Major Market: Milwaukee