General Clerk III
- Posted: over a month ago
Leo Tech LLC is a certified woman-owned small business started in 2015 by Melody Vansandt. She has over 24 years of experience working as a Defense Contractor and Consultant and has held positions as Director of Pricing, Contracts Manager, Program Manager, and EVM Manager.
After decades of hard work in contracting and program management, she realized she wanted to form a company that genuinely cared for its customers and employees. Her goal since then has been to treat her customers and employees the way she would want to be treated. She has learned what does and doesn't work through personal experience and never wants to be a President/CEO who doesn't know her people.
She encourages employees to reach out to her if they ever want or need to; therefore, she keeps her cell phone number in her email signature. She wants Leo Tech to feel like a family and for everybody to reach their full potential. She wants to empower employees and help them succeed in their professional and personal lives - She never wants to limit an individual's growth. There are endless possibilities and opportunities for success when people work together toward a common goal in an honorable and compassionate way.
Leo Tech's leadership has more than 25 years of invaluable experience serving in geographical locations worldwide. Leo Tech has been a Prime Contractor on all 25+ contracts since its inception. Our Corporate and Personal Experience illustrates our capability to respond effectively and efficiently to all mission requirements and contingencies.
What we offer:
Knowing that the employees are the lifeblood and reason that Leo Tech exists, we offer full-time employees many benefits that other companies may not. This includes medical, dental, vision, short- and long-term disability, Critical Care, Accident, and voluntary life insurance. We have also worked with our vendors to offer an Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Will and Legal document center, Identity theft kit, and beneficiary support to help cope with the death of a loved one included in our benefits. We also have a 401K plan for employees to contribute. All full-time employees also received eleven paid Government holidays per year. Employees earn vacation and sick time based on the length of employment on the contract.
We are currently seeking the following position
*** Position is contingent on contract award***
GENERAL CLERK III
This position uses subject-matter knowledge and judgment to complete assignments consisting of numerous steps varying in nature and sequence. General Clerk III selects from alternative methods and refers to problems not solvable by adapting or interpreting substantive guides, manuals, or procedures. Typical duties include assisting in various administrative matters, maintaining multiple financial or other records (stored both manually and electronically), verifying statistical reports for accuracy and completeness, compiling information, and handling and adjusting complaints.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
This position (which may include supervisory responsibility over lower-level clerks) require workers to use a thorough knowledge of an office's work and routine to
- choose among widely varying methods and procedures to process complex transactions, and
- select or devise steps necessary to complete assignments.
- Use a variety of office automation hardware, software, and peripherals to perform military personnel functions and maintain files. Specific processing functions can vary greatly and involve different steps and different sequences.
- Use word-processing software to create, copy, edit, retrieve, and print forms, memos, and letters. Use existing database or spreadsheet software to design, enter, revise, sort, calculate, or recover data for reports and use graphics software to provide graphs and charts for reports and presentations.
- Use an electronic publications library to access directives.
- Act in a professional and courteous manner
- Use electronic forms programs to access and complete required forms
- Proficient in oral and written communication to communicate effectively with others and explain complex actions taken regarding military members' entitlements, allowances, and collections.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Products, i.e., Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Working knowledge of grammar, spelling, capitalization, punctuation, and military terminology commonly used within office settings to prepare material correctly.
- Working knowledge of standard office equipment such as computers, electric typewriters, copiers, fax machines, scanners, and office automation systems to perform a substantial range of office automation support.
- Must meet the performance requirements based on the scope of work.
- High School or higher
- Minimum of 2 to 3 years experience maintaining personnel and financial files
- Documented experience with Financial and/or accounting positions
- Preferred experience working with government accounting and payroll systems
- Active Security Clearance
- Preferred BS degree in accounting or financial field
Leo Tech, LLC is an Equal Opportunity and Drug-Free Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Leo Tech, LLC
AddressSan Diego, CA
BusinessView all jobs at Leo Tech, LLC