- Posted: 19 days ago
Lenze is a global manufacturer of electrical and mechanical drives, motion control and automation technology - offering products, drive solutions, complete automation systems, and engineering services and tools from one single source. We accommodate support to the customer throughout the entire machine development process – from the control system to the drive shaft, from the initial idea to after-sales.
Our products can be found in many industries, including automotive, packaging, material handling and logistics, robotics, and commercial equipment (pumps/fans). A global network of distributors and representatives makes Lenze Americas perfectly positioned to meet the motion control needs of customers worldwide. Lenze Americas, the American subsidiary of Lenze SE of Germany, is headquartered in Uxbridge, Massachusetts; corporate global headquarters are in Hamelin, Germany.
Position Summary: The Sales Engineer is responsible for meeting or exceeding the annual sales targets of Lenze solutions in their respective geographic territory. They are to grow sales through the channel and the assigned direct OEM's. The Sales Engineer must work closely with the Channel Manager to set goals for the territory, as well as support and manage the Distributor performance.
Position Title: Sales Engineer
Location: Atlanta, GA / Charlotte, NC / Nashville, TN (Based on candidate preference)
Potential Earnings: Dependent on experience and location
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Assess/develop local channel strategy in coordination with the Channel Manager.
- Support channel growth by executing on training and joint Sales calls with the local Distributor partners.
- Prospect and develop new customers who are a good fit for Lenze solutions.
- Describe, demonstrate, and configure machine automation systems.
- Proactively work and communicate within the Business Development and Regional Sales Team to implement the strategies as agreed upon for the customer.
- Maintain a comprehensive understanding of the OEM business and project strategy by:
- Acquiring an in-depth knowledge of the customer business and machine offerings
- Actively participating in strategic meetings with customers, Lenze Business Development team, product team, etc.
- Develop a project plan by working with the customer team members and Lenze resources, which drives the successful implementation of Lenze solutions at key customers.
- Develop a strong cross-department presence to drive progress and ensure timelines are met.
- Proactively manage changes and modifications to the project plan while staying within the scope of the project.
- Track progress against the project on a continual basis and hold task owners accountable for their particular areas. Input all appropriate information into CRM per Lenze Americas policy
- Utilize Winning Complex Sales selling strategies for account and opportunity management
- Makes decisions which impact the daily operation of a segment of a department
- Solves day-to-day problems relative to work expectations and accountabilities
- Challenges standard approaches to work if external customer needs are not being met
- 4 years college/Bachelor’s Degree in an Engineering discipline
- 2-5 years prior experience in Industrial Automation Sales
- Requires advanced skills in procedures, techniques and/or equipment appropriate to area of specialization or may demonstrate a more advanced skill level in area of specialization
- Demonstrated success in building strong relationships, internally and externally.
- Strong capabilities in managing complex commercial situations.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Proficiency with SAP CRM tools
Competitive Company Benefits:
- BCBS medical and dental, vision
- 401(k) with company match
- Company paid life and disability insurance
- Up to 3 weeks of PTO and company paid holidays
- Clean environment...and much more!
Lenze is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or disability.
BusinessView all jobs at Lenze Americas
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?