Electrical Project Manager
Lenz Electric Inc. Colorado Springs, CO
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
We are seeking an Electrical Project Manager to join our team! The basic function of this position is to interpret engineering drawings and determining equipment needs, project budgets and timelines, review the final bid with assistance from the estimator, finalize the process after the contract is let, profitably manage the project with the on-site superintendent/foreman.
- Assure that all Engineering Change Notices (ECNs) are evaluated for cost and schedule impact. Assure on-site personnel are educated as to the proper ECN process.
Communicate effectively with the President regarding the status of the various projects under his/her control:
1.1.1. Bid process; including general, subcontractor and project recaps; final bid
1.1.2. Contract review/weekly status meetings
1.1.4. Detailed project timelines
1.1.5. Final plats and approvals
1.1.7. Estimates to Complete
1.1.8. Schedule and Budget variance Reporting
1.1.9. Manage and maintain subcontractor lists
1.1.10. Manage the on-site change control process
- Direct and evaluate the activities of the Superintendents/Foremen to ensure compliance with the contract documents and completion of assigned tasks in order to effectively reach project milestones
- Assists in budget preparation for project, from initial inquiry, processing, engineering and detailing. Final review of the proposal package. Prepare time line for the project. Ensure that everyone is cognizant of time line and personnel scheduling to ensure project completion.
- Represent the company and the project through involvement with the General Contractor, attend all necessary meetings, clearly stating the status of the various projects and resolving any outstanding issues.
- Ensure Superintendents/Foremen have approval for any change orders before work is started. Submit change orders on a timely basis, ensure change orders are incorporated into the monthly invoicing.
- Maintain required project documentation
- Ensure the final processing instructions and manuals are completed. These are to be reviewed before presentation to the client.
- Assures projects are prepared to provide invoicing information in accordance with customer billing cycles. Assuring enough time is allowed for the administrative billing process to occur.
- Required: High School degree
- Preferred: Technical College with Electrician certifications and/or Bachelors degree in Business Management.
- Required: 8-10 years of progressive experience managing commercial electrical installation projects, with supervisory responsibility and bidding/estimating knowledge.
- Preferred: 15 + years as a senior project manager in a small to medium sized commercial electrical installation company with bidding and estimating experience.
Lenz Electric, Inc. takes pride in every job, large and small, and we're committed to customer satisfaction. We have done very well with employing electricians with honesty, integrity, personality, knowledge, excellent craftsmanship and desire. We are a member of the Better Business Bureau of Southern Colorado, Inc
Lenz Electric Inc.Why Work Here?
Family business looking to expand and thrive.
Lenz Electric, Inc. is a full service electrical contracting company. We have the capability to do everything from residential service calls to large commercial jobs. We constantly invest in new equipment, technology and training to help meet the customers every need, such as; power logging equipment, cable and fault locating, predictive/preventative thermal imaging, towable boom lift, trenching, large conduit bending, insulation and resistance testing, high voltage cable work, Guardian Generator Sales, service, warranty work and installation, Photovoltaic sales and installation, etc. Lenz Electric, Inc. takes pride in every job, large and small, and we're committed to customer satisfaction. We have done very well with employing electricians with honesty, integrity, personality, knowledge, excellent craftsmanship and desire. We are a member of the Better Business Bureau of Southern Colorado, Inc
3514 East Saint Vrain St.Colorado Springs, CO